Using a Quiz in different courses

Using a Quiz in different courses

by Gerard Blokdijk -
Number of replies: 3
We have set up one quiz to be used in a course. We now want to use the same quiz in other courses as well, what would be the easiest way of setting that up?

Sincerely,
Gerard Blokdijk
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerard Blokdijk

Re: Using a Quiz in different courses

by John Isner -
Unfortunately, activities cannot be easily shared among courses.* You should copy the quiz to the other courses using backup/restore.

*Quizzes (and other activities/resources) can be shared in a very controlled fashion using a metacourse and groups. This is usually only feasible if you are teaching multiple sections of the same course and want to maintain one copy of each activity. It is not feasible for courses that are unrelated or only loosely related.
In reply to John Isner

by Gerard Blokdijk -
Thank you very much for your quick reply John. I can't find where to backup/restore the quiz (and that makes me feel very silly), can you guide me please?

Gerard
In reply to Gerard Blokdijk

by John Isner -
You backup the course (course Administration -> Backup). During the backup dialog, uncheck everything except for the quiz that you want to copy. When the backup completes, download the backup file and upload it to the Files area of the new course. Then click the Restore link (see screenshot). See the Moodle backup/restore documentation.
Attachment Restore_link.png