big small surprises from dfwikilabs

big small surprises from dfwikilabs

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 3
Hi there,
Pigui informs me that next weeks version of nwiki will have the same edit lock mechanism that ewiki, meaning that will prevens the page edit from two users at same time, let's hope it will not generate bugs and issues confuso
We used the same solution and even the very code that the moodle team applied to the old ewiki ...
The NWiki parser is becoming more and more NWiki compilant (I'm discovering new semantics of nwiki as Albert Gasset is including them in our parser).(note that our demo site will run the latest version of the parser on tuesday and you'll wee it rigth then...)
A new surprise that is comming up and I'm sure y'all like . Some may remember something we had in dfwiki long ago called the wikibook.Remember? Some weird separate activity. As Martin Lanhoff sugested me in MoodleMoot in Canarias we have implemented it using wiki semantics and is integrated in nwiki... I give you one link to the user's guide under construction and will wait for suggestiosn and feedback...
http://morfeo.upc.es/crom/mod/wiki/view.php?id=22&page=view/WikibookManual&gid=0&uid=0 If the suggestion is to integrate with pdf export and to sync it with open office writter documents you're late because we have implemented it already and is comming up....
So waiting fro the aliens to release Martin I start the weekend which I'll use to write my phd disertation that is comming late as nwiki into moodle core.
Be good boyd and girls
Ludo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: big small surprises from dfwikilabs

by Stuart Anderson -

That's great Marc, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the new version. And I'm very glad the edit lock mechanism is making an appearance. This was something that upset 147 computer scientists last October when they first used ewiki here in Manchester, England.

Martin has logged in today to would that be tomorrow as he is 8 hours ahead...?

I'll hold back on looking at the en_utf8 files until the new release so that I get a more up-to-date picture. Unless of course anyone is still working and wished to send them to me to look at over the weekend?

Right, I'm off home to watch England get beaten by Brazil in an International Friendly of the 'beautiful game'...

Enjoy your weekend!

--Stuart.

In reply to Stuart Anderson

Re: big small surprises from dfwikilabs

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Somebody logged in today, but not HIM... he would not ignore the wiki issue for weeks and weeks... so the only logical conclusion is that the aliens have got him wink