Chomping at the bit for 1.3

Chomping at the bit for 1.3

by Chardelle Busch -
Number of replies: 12
Picture of Core developers

Martin,

We're all so anxious for 1.3, could we get an update on its progress?

(I'm sure you could get it up and running much faster if you didn't have to read stupid posts like thiswink)

Thanks,

Chardelle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Re: Chomping at the bit for 1.3

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Preparing the new Moodle.com has been keeping me busy, and baby Thomas keeps me sleepless, but I'm hoping we can get Moodle 1.3 stable within two weeks. There are still some rough patches to sort out.

Eloy and Jon have done some terrific work on the new stuff.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Chris Ainsworth -
Hi all

Whilst I appreciate those "fly by the seat of the pants types" why is everyone so hyped at wanting Ver 1.3 NOW. 

Martin and the crew do a great job in the development of this fabulous product, and I for one whole heartedly support their efforts.  I believe Martin has a good handle on when he "feels comfortable" at releasing the next version and we as a community should not be pressuring him to meet "our persoanal needs".  If you woulkd like the new version NOW then why not show Martin the colour of your money and pay him to work on it full time to meet your needs.

Ver 1.2.1 is stable and a extremely useful tool, and for those that wish to risk a few minor glitches then deploy 1.3 at your own risk.

As a Australian Flexible Learning Leader - I plead with those who are not prepared to wait put their hand in their pockets and come up with cold hard cash to enable it to happen.  For the rest of you  - get off his, Jon and Elroy's backs.  Afterall you are getting a FREE product. 

Thanks Martin, Jon, Elroy and the rest of the development crew for your great work.

Cheers
Chris A
In reply to Chris Ainsworth

by Bryan Williams -
Elroy was the guy in the Blue's Brothers movie, Eloy is our guy! wink
In reply to Bryan Williams

by Dale Jones -
Bryan, that was ELwood!  (I must get out more...)

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Anyway, he (Australian too!!) isn't too much different from me, isn't it?

big grin smile wink big grin

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Bryan Williams -
Yes, I see the resemblance.... bright eyes and around the ears especially.  clown

by Chardelle Busch -

Firstly, Thanks Martin for giving me a handle on the timeframe.  And congratulations on the new baby!

Secondly,

I am NOT on anybody's back, nor do I think anybody on the posts is pressuring anybody to meet their personal needs.  I merely wanted a timeframe so I could let clients know when the new calendar feature will be available.  (You might want to read the post again).  And I do my part to contribute by hosting my site with Martin (Yes, with my cold hard cash!). 

Chardelle

by Bryan Williams -

Paddling

Go Chardelle!

by Chardelle Busch -

Heh heh,

Thanks Bryan.  Where did you get the animated emoticons?

Chardelle

by Bryan Williams -

Chardelle,

A fairly wide range of emotions are built into Outlook, you can right click each to access the source code.  Then, it's simply a matter of pasting the code into the vastly improved HTML editor in Moodle. This should work with any animated GIF file.

Bryan

We Are Not Worthy