I have strange installation error. It seems that installation stops after first database upgrade and goes back to copyright message. This is clean installation of 1.2.1 and i think my config file is ok. Here something that might help:.
- PHP 4.3.2 RC
- safemode off
Thanks for any advice!
I have removed all moodle entries from database a couple of times already without result. Do i have to clear all entries?(some other programs is it also)
$CFG->prefix = '';
to something like
$CFG->prefix = 'mdl_';
I was wondering could this has something to do with cookies?
Anyway, I`ll give up this time. Thanks all for advices/questions, Moodle community rules!
If yes, I would like to know how you did it.
Meanwhile, I deleted my Moodle 1.2.1 installation
and replaced it with v1.3 beta hoping that it would change something. Unfortunately it didn't. It continues to leap back to copyright notice
It is very frustrating.
Could any one help me please?
No, I havent solve that problem. I think it has something to do with server settings, because with another server installation process goes smoothly.
right after the line
in the file moodle/admin/index.php. [Make sure that you use a text editor like Notepad, not a word processor to do the edit.]
Table 'pierre_moodle.mdl_course' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM mdl_course WHERE category = '0'
Does that mean I have to create the tables by hand
using the SQL statements in moodle/lib/db/mysql.sql ?
I always have this issue when installing Moodle behind a caching-proxy server. The problem is that somehow the files are getting cached on your proxy, so it does not continue executing the next step.
The simple solution to this is to keep pressing <ctr><f5> (forced refresh on IE browser, or <ctr><r> on Mozilla...I believe) instead of <enter>, or after clicking the "continue" link. It will keep executing the following scripts until you are done with the installation. Then after this, you are set to go with configuring and adding courses to your Moodle installation.
Hmm....let's see. I'm trying to remember things from memory. You need to execute a forced refresh (<ctrl><f5> on IE) for every new return to copyright notice, after clicking on the "Continue" link at the bottom of each next step. It quickly advances through the installation screens (but keeps reverting to copyright notice) until it completes the installation process. Then, it should allow you to configure your Moodle site. After that, it should stops the return to the copyright notice.
The complex solution (not so complex) was to go on the server console, and run the installation there. I opened a browser window there, thus bypassing the proxy server so that no caching was done, and the installation went smoothly. If you are on the server console already, make sure caching (on the proxy server) is disabled for the localhost, or configure your browser NOT to use a proxy server for the local address (localhost).
BTW, what browser and operating system are you using for the client and the server? Do you have a cache-proxy server? Perhaps this problem has nothing to do with caching...
I am experiencing the same problem...
I followed the installation procedure precisely,
I have read this thread many times and verified and tried everything at least two times without success.
My php settings: http://evoc.ca/phpinfo.php
My config file is attached.
Any other ideas?
I would really like to make that work as soon as possible.
I tried your Moodle installation. I see what you are saying now. It is very strange. It is definitely not related to a proxy server (unless your hosting service has one) caching this page. And from the comments in this thread, you are not alone with this problem. I have no idea what the solution is.
BTW, secure your moodledata directory by placing it outside the public_html directory. Eg:
$CFG->dataroot = '/home/pierre/moodledata';
Thanks for the advice.
Now, I contacted my hosting provider and asked him to upgrade MySQL and PHP to the latest versions. I also
added some more disk space to my account, as I noticed
that after my last installation of Moodle, my disk quota was
exceeded. I reinstalled Moodle and still it has not resolved anything yet.
I don't know what to do next