Weblib error with nwiki for 1.8 on edit

Weblib error with nwiki for 1.8 on edit

by Saul Traiger -
Number of replies: 11
I just upgraded to Moodle 1.8+ (build for 5/25/07) (and installed the appropriate nwiki. When I edit any wiki page, I get:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_table_start(), called in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 39 and defined in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 49

Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_table_start(), called in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 157 and defined in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 49
Bolt TextItalic TextInternal LinkExternal Link (Full URL including http)Level 1 HeaderLevel 2 HeaderLevel 3 HeaderHoritzontal RowNo Wiki TextPersonal Stamp
  • ed_smiley1.gif
    • smile big grin wink mixed thoughtful
      Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_br(), called in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 418 and defined in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 11

tongueout cool approve wide eyes surprise
      Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_br(), called in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 418 and defined in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 11

sad shy blush kiss clown

black eye angry dead sleepy evil

helpeditor (new window)">Help with <a href=helpeditor" class="iconhelp" />

Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_change_row(), called in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 207 and defined in /var/www/domains/x.mtwatermanpatrol.org/docs/moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 164

Any suggestiongs would be most appreciated. Is the problem the result of installing the 1.8+ rather than 1.8? If so, treat this as a bug report!

Thanks,

Saul
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Saul Traiger

Re: Weblib error with nwiki for 1.8 on edit

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thanks Saul,
we will check it up tomorro first thing. If 1.8 and 1.8+ need different distributions will be crazy! I beliebe that this may be a bug generated by the work we are doing with the XHTML strict adaption. Weblib has been extremelly recoded lately.
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Saul Traiger -
Also, the "create new wiki page" function is not working. Otherwise, aside from the problem reported above, that's the only other problem I've detected so far.

Thanks for your help.

Saul
In reply to Saul Traiger

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Saul,
we checked it and it seems that these warning appear when you set de debug level upper than 3. Will be corrected in Tuesday's mighty release wink
I'll also check on the create new wiki page thing.
cheers and thanks for testing and the feedback
Ludo

by Saul Traiger -
Greetings Ludo,

Thanks for the update. Based on that information, I played around with the debugging settings and here's what I discovered. If I set "Debug messages" to "NONE: Do not show any errors or warnings" when I edit a wiki page, the weblib error messages no longer appear. However, the editing toolbar now only shows the smileyface and the question-mark, and there is no toolbar functionality. Also, I can confirm that I still cannot create new pages using the "Wiki - Create a new page" block.

By the way, this spring I used nwiki with a class of 50 students in my university course "Introduction to Cognitive Science." Most students had no previous wiki experience, and the project went superbly. Students were required to contribute to the wiki four times over a three week period, and we would up with an excellent document that students then used as an aid in studying for the final exam. This was nwiki under moodle 1.7. From both the perspective of the professor (me) and the students, nwiki worked flawlessly.

Thanks,
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Saul Traiger

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thanks for sharing your nwiki expirience, I hope this will encourage more teacher to use wikis in general and nwiki in particular.
On Tuesday (this monday is holiday in Barcelona) we will work on your issues.
Cheers
Ludo

Re: Weblib error with nwiki for 1.8 on edit - more data

by Saul Traiger -
Here's more info:

I just changed the debug setting to "MINIMAL: show only fatal errors" and using that setting, when I edit a wiki page I now get the full edit toolbar and the toolbar works. However, I still can't add a new wikipage using the "Create a new page" block.

Best,

Saul
In reply to Saul Traiger

by Jens Gimp -
I can confirm the problems with moodel 1.8 and the Modul nwiki:

Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_table_start(), called in ./moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 39 and defined in ./moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 49

Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_table_start(), called in ./moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 157 and defined in ./moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 49

Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_change_row(), called in ./moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 207 and defined in ./moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 164

Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_hr(), called in ./moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 368 and defined in ./moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 979

Warning: Missing argument 1 for wiki_change_row(), called in ./moodle/mod/wiki/editor/editor.php on line 99 and defined in ./moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 164

good speed!
jens
In reply to Jens Gimp

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thanks Jens smile,
due to internal reprograming (refactoring) and XHTML strict compilance weblib is being altered very much these days. Tomorow we'll freeze features and refactoring so will only fix bugs until the next generation of dfwikiteam (on september )
Ludo

by Stuart Anderson -
Ludo,

Does this mean that work will significantly slow on nwiki from tomorrow? How many of your team (if any) will be able/willing to continue development over the Summer?

--Stuart.
In reply to Jens Gimp

by Clark Moodler -
Hi all,

I'm getting something similar when I click on edit, about 40 messages stating something like: (I understand this is do to xhtml, etc. but just fyi:

Notice: Undefined property: class in ./moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 266

Notice: Undefined property: style in ./moodle/mod/wiki/weblib.php on line 266

A lot of those, and then several undefined variables and several missing arguments.

I followed directions here and turned off the debugging messages, which works!
In reply to Clark Moodler

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thanks Clark,
I hope tomorrow's long waited release will solve this issue.
Cheers
Ludo