modifying wiki edit window size

modifying wiki edit window size

by Mike W -
Number of replies: 9
Does anyone know how to change the edit window size in wiki editor? The current layout is really confining. I'm assuming that the default html editor is tinymce and somehow I need to pass parameters.

I was hoping I could find this being set in the following page, but I can't figure out where that's happening.

/moodle/mod/wiki/view.php

If you know a mod to extend the edit area, I'd really appreciate it. For example, the window I'm typing in now is bigger and seems to use the same editor.

Thanks. This is keeping some users from utilizing the wiki.

Mike
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike W

Re: modifying wiki edit window size

by lea virgile -
I'm really interested to get an answer to the same question. the edit window size in the wiki is really too small, it's a pain...
thanks

In reply to Mike W

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
NWiki window size can be determined when the activity is created.
Hope this helps
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by lea virgile -
Ludo, I need a precision
I'm not following the exchanges about the wikis,
I understand Nwiki is not the "by default" wiki in moodle, is it correct ?
Is it operational ? How to install it ?
thanks
v
In reply to lea virgile

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Yes You're rigth.. I'm in pursue of Martin Dougiamas to squeeze it into moodle 1.9 but by now we are on hold... (Martin... are you there??)
To install NWiki download it from http://morfeo.upc.es/crom/course/view.php?id=4
delete the current wiki files and copy our distribution in the apropiate directories... enter as admin and all data will be migrated.
Cheers
Ludo

by Stuart Anderson -
No pressure Ludo, but how are things looking on the 1.9 front? Do you think you will make it or would you rather discuss this with Martin first?
In reply to Stuart Anderson

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
I strongly suggest to avoid using the current wiki.. for many reasons I just erased just to be polite wink
Please anybody who can influence Martin Dougiamas and tell him to put Nwiki into 1.9 will earn a cold beer in the next moot we meet.
Ludo

by Stuart Anderson -
OK.

Mr Dougiamas, if you are reading this, what will it take to get you to commit to having nwiki in the 1.9 release of moodle? Can the community help out in doing less technical things to help meet the necessary milestones i.e. lang file, help docs, testing?

I'm not sure I can face another year of ewiki. I work for the School of Computer Science in Manchester and every one of the academics is a know-it-all whom think that given time and money they could write a better wiki (and VLE). There are battles I need to win, and a better wiki will help. nwiki is the wiki which just might do this. approve

What do ya say, huh?

--Stuart Anderson,
(Frustrated Learning Technologist)
In reply to Stuart Anderson

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thanks Stuart
DFwikiteam owes you wink
Ludo
Exasperated but hopeful open source developer

Upgrading recommendations

by Stuart Anderson -
On a slightly different note, if nwiki integration is delayed or if 1.9 is held back, what would you recommend for people whom really want to start using the new wiki for next September?

Should/can we add the wiki download into what ever version of moodle I happen to have nearer the time, and then work with that until the integration. Will the integration seamlessly work with any existing nwiki version prior to the integrated moodle version? My guess is yes, but I really don't want to be caught out by anything.

Today is the first time I've managed to get it to install and I'm still exploring it's options. I'm very pleased so far and love the cleaner look. Your team has worked so very hard on this so I take my hat off to you.

--Stuart.

P.S. I'll try to look through the lang en_utf8 files some time if that helps.