users get kicked after 22sec - any idea?

users get kicked after 22sec - any idea?

by Hans Hoelzel -
Number of replies: 5
hello!

ive a problem. i m working on a accessible version of the moodle chat (so that blind people can chat with a brailboard). so i had to change the layout of the chat. now i use only two frames. the one on the right side shows the online users and in the left one you can chat.
everything works, but after 22sec i get the message that the user has left the chat and then i get the following message "not logged in"
i have no idea where in the code to look after for the part that kicks yousers after a special time.
can anybody help?

thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hans Hoelzel

Re: users get kicked after 22sec - any idea?

by Hans Hoelzel -
i solved the problem!
theres a variable you can set.
In reply to Hans Hoelzel

by sheldon James -
What is the variable as i am having the same trouble to.
In reply to Hans Hoelzel

by John Close -
What is the variable?
In reply to John Close

by denis cahalane -
I expect Hans was talking about chat_old_ping, which measures the number of seconds since a user was last contactable; when this is exceeded he's logged out. If your users are on slow connections you might need to increase this from the default of 30 seconds.

You'll need to be the admin to change it. Go to Admin - Modules, and click Settings next to Chat
In reply to Hans Hoelzel

accessibility.

by Gregor Wolbring -

Hi everybody,

I was asked by an international disability group to look into the feasibility of online education.

I mentioned moodle to them.

now did anyone have experience with disabled people like blind deaf... and if yes what kind of adaptations do I have to make to the settings.

or which problems are not solvable in the moment.

Please let me know.

thanks

Gregor

www.bioethicsanddisability.org/start.html