After succesfull setup of databases Moodle skips the configuration page and goes directly to the "Returning to this web page" page and is unable to continue

After succesfull setup of databases Moodle skips the configuration page and goes directly to the "Returning to this web page" page and is unable to continue

by Sheilon Wunder -
Number of replies: 1
As mentioned in the subject I successfully run the installation on my Linux (Debian) server running:
Apache
MySQL
Lighttp

However, after Moodle shows me that it created all tables in the database successfully it jumps to the page shown bellow.
If I enter
user : admin
password : admin
it doesn't complaint that user or password are wrong, it just "get stuck" and reloads the same page again and again.
HELP!

Attachment stuck.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sheilon Wunder

Re: After succesfull setup of databases Moodle skips the configuration page and goes directly to the "Returning to this web page" page and is unable to continue

by Ken Wilson -

Try the steps listed in the Installation FAQ, especially the "I can't login" ones (numbers 9 and 11 in the index). It sounds like a session permissions problem, but try the others listed in the FAQ first and post back if there's still a problem.

Thanks

Ken