No Groups in Site Administration

No Groups in Site Administration

by R B -
Number of replies: 5
Hello!

I am missing groups almost completely. I am running Moodle 1.8, and I have never seen the group menu in my administration menu. The folder exists on the server, and when I create courses, activities, etc., it gives me the group option, but I cannot create groups or even see it in the admin menu. Any thoughts on what I am missing?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to R B

Re: No Groups in Site Administration

by Thomas Robb -
You might try checking the permissions on the group folder. Even if it is there, if the rest of Moodle can't see inside it, there would be problems. Just compare the permissions you see to those on another folder that works normally. Look both at the folder itself and some of the files inside it.

You should see these files:
assign.php
db
edit_form.php
edit.php
grouping_edit_form.php
grouping.php
groupui
index.php
lib
lib.php
onedaymaybe.txt
overview.txt
simpletest
todo.txt
version.php

In reply to Thomas Robb

by R B -
Hi Thomas! Thank you for the troubleshooting suggestion. Yes, all of the files/folders are present. I also checked the folder permissions, and they are the same as some others that work.
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Kim Halat -

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem.  There is no link in the admin page to define groups, yet, when I set up courses, the group options are available....

Rebecca,  did you ever get an answer???

Thanks,

Kim

In reply to Kim Halat

by Salvador Cabusi -

Hello,

I have 1.8 installed and have the same issue.  Can anyone help?
mikan

In reply to Salvador Cabusi

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

There is no groups link in the site administration block because site groups have not yet been implemented. Please see tracker issue MDL-7380.