Student asked peer assess own work.

Student asked peer assess own work.

by Matt Gibson -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I have an odd problem, where one of my students has been asked to peer assess her own work. Self assessment is set to yes and Number of Assessments of Student Submissions is set to 1. Any idea what might cause this or how to fix it (screenshot attached)?

Matt

Attachment workshop_oddness.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: Student asked peer assess own work.

by Xabier Akordagoitia -

Hello,

I don't know if I'm understanding it right... Is it that you don't want your students to be asked to assess their own submissions? If that's the thing you should put Self Assessment = "No". 

In reply to Xabier Akordagoitia

by Matt Gibson -
Hi Xabier,

thanks for responding. The problem is that both the self-assessment and the peer assessment (which should be of another students work of course) contain the same thing - the student's own work. All the students in the workshop found the same thing and were only able to self-assess, not peer-assess.

My intention is for them to self assess, then assess the work of one of their peers.

Matt
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Xabier Akordagoitia -

Hi Matt,

sorry for my misunderstanding. Well, that's a pretty strange thing... Actually I've never worked with self-assessment workshops and I've never seen anything like that so I fear I can't help you.

The only thing I can figure out is trying with Number of Assessments of Student Submissions set to 2 (one their own submission, the other one I guess it would be another students submission)... but that's only my imagination. I hope someone can help you, good luck!

Xabi

In reply to Xabier Akordagoitia

by Jared Stein -
Yeah, I'd bet that setting the number of student assessments to 2 would do the trick, or you might need to set overallocation to 1 or higher, but I doubt that's the problem in this case.

I'm interested to find out if this works...