Yes, this is easy.
1. Approve student
2. Go into the course
3. Click 'assign roles' in the admin pannel
4. Click 'studnent'
5 - just add the students you want in that course.
Maybe I didnt explain myself well (nothing unusual there)
on self registration the steps are as follows
- Fill out the New Account form with your details.
- An email will be immediately sent to your email address.
- Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
- Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
- Now, select the course you want to participate in.
- If you are prompted for an "enrolment key" - use the one that your teacher has given you. This will "enrol" you in the course.
- You can now access the full course. From now on you will only need to enter your personal username and password (in the form on this page) to log in and access any course you have enrolled in.
What I want to be able to do is either between steps 1 and 2 or between steps 3 and 4 is manually confirm that the person has the rights to access the course - otherwise if someone has given them an enrollment key they are simply put on the course without an opportunity for us to review
alternatively can I check the user details and manually confirm they can have access even if they have an enrollment key ?
I would like them to register themselves and then I would like to be able to verify that they are someone from our school community before they have access to the site.
"I would like them to register themselves and then I would like to be able to verify that they are someone from our school community before they have access to the site"
>>were you able to achieve this? I wanted to do the same but don't have a clue on how to go about it.