My WYSISWYG editor is not exactly working as it should be...

My WYSISWYG editor is not exactly working as it should be...

by Panagiotis Iliopoulos -
Number of replies: 1
Hello fellow moodlers.

I am using moodle 1.6.2v but this problem is something that I have for quite a long time, since moodle 1.5 and even before.

My What You See IS What You Get editor is not exactly working that way. Meaning that I do not get what I see when I am editing sad.

Here is an example:

I wanna edit something looking like this
pic1
Pic1
Its from a book, the first bullet is wrong has two different fonts and has a heading 4 applied to it. The second bullet has one font applied and heading 4 as well. Now look what I see when I get into editing mode...
pic2
Pic2
Do you see that there are not similarities in what I see and in what I am about to edit? mixed The highlighted text in the pic is Trebuchet, 12, no style and bold. Can you see what I saw before I went in editing mode and what i am seeing when I am in editing mode, how am I suppose to edit? tongueout

Ok I procceed in making my changes...

pic3
Pic3
Observe that although I have changed only the heading style and I have applied 4 I still see the same things. Then I press save and this is what I get...
pic4
Pic4
Do you see any similarities? tongueout And I have a blue line in adition that I did not place there lol.

I hope you can understand my problem, when in editing mode I see one thing and in real life I see another. Sometimes the situation is more intense, I even get results like pic 1 after I have seen and edited as in pic 3 tongueout

Has anybody had this problem? Is it something normal? Maybe the fact that we copy/paste everything from MS Office Word is that causes the problem? I don't know? Sometimes when I go in html mode I can fix it but this is not a solution for me, my content creators and editors are not familiar with html, they all know a little bit of MS Office Word and that is it, and this is time consuming. I want to be able to edit, and what I see in edit mode to be in the view mode as well.

Sorry for the long post and thank you all in advance.

Panayiotis
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Panagiotis Iliopoulos

Re: My WYSISWYG editor is not exactly working as it should be...

by Christian Glameyer -
Hello Panayiotis,
A possibility is, that the html-Code you copied is not the kind the editor can handle. Maybe a click on the Word-Icon may clean the code.

If not,
1. you can switch to html-mode and clean the code by yourself.
2. you can copy the text into a ASCII-text-editor (not Word or Word-Pad). You then loose all formattings. Now copy the Text again and insert it into the moodle-editor. This should work, although you have to format the text afterwards.

Hope one of the above will work ...

Christian