Moodle Training Resources

Moodle Training Resources

by andy choo -
Number of replies: 46
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whether any of you guys here will be interested in accessing some Moodle Training Contents that I have created recently for my students.

These contents include a flash-based step by step approach to assist user in setting up common Moodle Modules. These contents are locked up to prevent any mis-use. Do drop me a message if you are interested to have a look at them.

Cheers,
Andy
Average of ratings: -
In reply to andy choo

Re: Moodle Training Resources

by Edwin Bealle -
I would love to see what you have done.

Edwin
In reply to Edwin Bealle

by Alan Taylor -

As another resource, if anyone is interested I recently presented (Using Your Moodle in the Classroom) at a conference at Richard Stockton College of NJ. I gave out mini-CDs to attendees that walked people through setting up a Moodle. It includes how-tos on: downloading the moodle, installing a moodle, setting up database, setting up a course, adding a block, and adding a module. I also included the latest version of moodle, wamp5server, a module  (for practice on setting up a module), a ftp client, and a link to DynDns directly on the CD. Finally, included a link to two books on Moodle. Since a majority of people attending had never used or heard of it, I wanted to give people an opportunity to set-up a moodle as a localhost to see how great it can work in K-12 districts.

If anyone is interested, let me know.
Alan

In reply to Alan Taylor

by Brenda Benedict -
Alan, As a new user, I am very interested in your presentation. I am so excited about the possibilities for Moodle in K-12. Thanks, Brenda
In reply to Brenda Benedict

by Alan Taylor -

Brenda,
If you'd like, send me your mailing address and I'll send you a CD. Or if you give me a few days I'll post the tutorials on my website (www.techinedonline.com).
Alan

In reply to Brenda Benedict

by Alan Taylor -

Brenda,
I now have the presentation on my website. You can go to: http://www.techinedonline.com/set_up_moodle/index.html to view the demos.
Alan

In reply to Alan Taylor

Ang: Re: Moodle Training Resources

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators
Hi Alan & Brenda,

Alan,- a small correction to your site: - Moodle 1.8 does not require Apache 2.0.

Cheers,

Jens
In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Ang: Re: Moodle Training Resources

by Alan Taylor -
Jens,
I'll make the correction. Thanks.
Alan
In reply to Alan Taylor

Re: Ang: Re: Moodle Training Resources

by Kelvin Burton -

Alan,

Are these presentations still available?  The link you posted doesn't work now.

Kelvin

In reply to andy choo

by Dennis Flynn -
sure would. I hope to maybe get our 8th grade teacher using Moodle for at least one class next year.
In reply to andy choo

by Carol Mamczak -
Hello-
I am interested in your work. Thanks for offering.
Carol
In reply to Carol Mamczak

by Steve Hill -

Hi,

Yeah I would be insterested in seeing them.

Cheers,
Steve

In reply to andy choo

by James Shockley -
Andy,

Thanks for offering. I would appreciate the opportunity to see what you have.

Thanks,

Jim shockley
In reply to andy choo

by P K -
Is it too late to ask to see your resources?

In reply to andy choo

by James Rudd -
Hi Andy,
I would love to see the training material
Thanks,
James
In reply to andy choo

by Andy Hawkins -

Hello

Please add me to the list of people who would like to see you training materials.

Thanks

Andy

In reply to andy choo

by Marilyn Chiarello -
Hi Andy,
I am brand new to Moodle, and would like to use it to build a course. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the information on this site and don't know where to begin. I imagine your training materials might be helpful for me.
I would like to introduce Moodle into my school district. Is there anyone providing training for K-12 educators?
Marilyn
In reply to Marilyn Chiarello

by andy choo -
Hi,

Our step-by-step Flash-based training videos will be able to provide the necessary training for the educators. Our training resources provides a more flexible approach as in training can be done at the educator's free time and at any location, thus saving the hassle of organizing large-scale training classes.

Do drop me a line at andy@edhub.net and we can come up with a proper working model for you.

Andy
In reply to Marilyn Chiarello

by Brett Hinton -
Marilyn,

Andy has been really great about sharing his resources so he is certainly a resource to consider. Additionally, there are Moodle Partners throughout the world who normally offer site-based (or web-based training) for various fees. You may want to take a look at the Moodle Partners section of moodle.org to find a Moodle partner in your area.

Additionally, I am a K-12 educator. I have found to to "evangelize" (i.e. promote) the use of Moodle in my own district that it helps to have some face-to-face trainings. Later on (after teachers have been initially introduced to Moodle and see what impact it can have) we offer them some additional training and support online. I've found to help overcome the initial "shock" of learning Moodle that it is useful to have a face-to-face training. Once they are "converted" to Moodle's value, they are more willing and able to explore the online resources to help expand their knowledge.

You are welcome to check out the sample courses and training courses we have developed, they can be found at http://core.gilbert.k12.az.us/testmoodle.
In reply to Brett Hinton

by andy choo -
Hi Brett,

Thank you for your post.
We certainly hope to be of assistance to you in introducing Moodle to your district. Look forward for more discussion with you in this area,

Andy
In reply to Brett Hinton

by Tim Florian -
Brett, I am creating a training course for our teachers in Douglas County School District, Colorado. I would like to access your site to see your courses. Can I get an account?
In reply to andy choo

by Shalini Periyalwar -

I would like to see the Moodle training module you have developed. I have just installed Moodle this week and while the installation was relatively painless, the last two days have been challenging with attempts to import powerpoint (still struggling) or even Powerpoint converted to Flash.

In reply to andy choo

by andy choo -
Hi Guys,

Has the resources been useful for your Moodle Needs.
I hope to gather some feedbacks and comments from you guys so as to help me develop more of such resources.

Thanks
In reply to andy choo

by Brenda Benedict -
Yes, I would love to see your training modules. I'm new to the Moodle world and very excited about the possiblities for public education. Brenda
In reply to andy choo

by Susan Birrell -

Hi Andy,

I would love to see your training materials. I am trying to get HS teachers started and they are very interested because 1 or 2 people have created moodle classes. They don't want to show others and now as the coordinator I have to come up quickly with a training course. I'd love some help. Thanks.

Susan Birrell

sbirrell@portsmouth.k12.nh.us

In reply to andy choo

by Paul Stevens -
Iwould love to see you training materials as it seems I am going to be involved with the training here.
In reply to Paul Stevens

by andy choo -
Hi Guys,

The resources have been relocated here.
Please feel free to create a free account for yourselves and access some of the demo resources.

Thanks,
Andy
In reply to andy choo

Re: Moodle Training Resources / Checklist for teachers

by Joyce Seitzinger -
Hi all,
Thought I would share one of my training resources as well. After doing initial training, I wanted to make sure that all of the teachers I had trained were on the same page, before we moved on to the actual course design & development.

To test their abilities, I created a checklist for them to run through. Each teacher had been issued with a sandpit course for practice. In a 2 hour session I asked them to run through the activities in the checklist. A colleague and I were on hand to help and would check after each 3 activities. It was quite intensive for us, but quite effective in indicating who was still behind on some Moodle skills.

We have made the Moodle Pre-flight Checklist for Tutors available in Google Docs.

Feel free to use and adapt and share again.

Cheers,
Joyce
In reply to Joyce Seitzinger

Re: Moodle Training Resources / Checklist for teachers

by Gerry Lerner -
Thanks for sharing a really useful resource.
In reply to andy choo

by Marvin Tedder -
hi
I am a complete newbie to moodle, Your information would be a help for me to learn this program. Could I please vieew your training materials for moodle?
Thanks
Marvin
tedlee7@hotmail.com
In reply to Marvin Tedder

by Tomaz Lasic -
Hi Marvin

I publish these for 'newbies' at our school. They have been very well-liked at our school (and beyond).
http://human.edublogs.org/moodle-tutorials-2-minute-moodles/

Includes an explanation of what Moodle is etc.

Good luck with moodling !

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tomaz Lasic

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
(and beyond).
being a very nice way of putting it smile
In reply to Tomaz Lasic

by Paula Clough -

Thank you for publishing all these videos on TeacherTube, Tomaz.  I use them extensively with the teachers who are trying to learn Moodle.  You have done a great job of breaking things into easily learnable chunks!  My teachers love them.

Paula Clough cool

In reply to andy choo

by Judy Tillman -

Yes Please. May I try out your courses?

I would like to know how you imported the videos into moodle.  I am new to the whole moodle realm and I am learning how to make courses.  Yet so far we have only the boring info and question type courses.  I want to integrate training videos if I can.  

Please help me or refer me to a place that can assist me.

Sincerely,

Judy Tillman

In reply to Judy Tillman

by Paula Clough -

Judy,

For the most part I just added a weblink from the resources which would allow me to go the website and view the video on the website.  This kept my class smaller.  The only problem is if the video gets moved, it's no longer accessible.  That just happened to me.  I guess TeacherTube did a reorganization a few weeks ago. I had to go back in and search.

I have also made my own videos using jing and just uploaded the file into my course and did a file link to it.  When the students click on it, it opens in the Video player program on their computers.

There is a way to have a video actually embed in the Moodle page.  I haven't done that yet, but these two procedures have worked well so far.  I am going to try to look into that over the summer when I have more time (hopefully).

Paula Clough cool

In reply to Judy Tillman

by Tomaz Lasic -
Hi Judy

Here are a couple of 2 Minute Moodles that you might find useful:

a) How to embed a video from YouTube or other video sharing sites - watch video (length 2:29)

b) How to add a video to a webpage in Moodle - watch video (length 2:08)

Please keep in mind that for a) your Moodle Admin has to allow embedding (Administration->Security->Allow EMBED and OBJECT tags). Running embedded code could be malicious.

This is something Moodle 2.0 (released later this year) will address very elegantly, until then the above will do.

Good luck, give us a shout if it doesn't work.

In reply to andy choo

回复: Moodle Training Resources

by 悦 张 -

Dear, Andy

Would you like to share me a copy? Appreciate your effort on that!

In reply to andy choo

by Clive Roberts -
New Moodle for Teachers as Course Creators and Administrators hands-on course is now available online smile

It is also available to schools as a one day workshop and was recently delivered as a workshop to a group of teachers in Bangkok - and they loved it!

http://www.reflex.ac/Moodle Teachers Course.html

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.