Course events choices not working

Course events choices not working

- Bill White の投稿
返信数: 6
Hi all,

I was trying to add an event for one of my courses but when I choose a course event only one course shows up in the drop down menu. Am I missing something when I installed it? (Standard install) I have 2 catagories with 5 courses: 4 actual courses and 1 demo (testing) course. The demo course is the only one that shows up.
Any suggestions? Using Moodle 1.3 Development 2004040500

Cheers,
Bill
Bill White への返信

Re: Course events choices not working

- Bryan Williams の投稿

Bill,

Are you enrolled in those other courses as a teacher or student (check "Participants')?  If not they will not appear in the drop down menu, even though you are logged in as admin.

Bryan 

Bryan Williams への返信

- Bill White の投稿
Bryan,

Thanks that was it. Amazing how it was so simple as that. 満面の笑顔 I thought being logged in as admin would give me global rights. 意地悪 I guess this really is best as it keeps admins from messing with someones course.

Cheers,
Bill
Bill White への返信

- Martin Dougiamas の投稿
画像 Core developers 画像 Documentation writers 画像 Moodle HQ 画像 Particularly helpful Moodlers 画像 Plugin developers 画像 Testers
Admins should be able to do anything so this is probably something that needs fixing.  Calendar's not cooked yet.
Martin Dougiamas への返信

- John Papaioannou の投稿
In fact this was deliberate. I thought that presenting an admin with a drop-down menu of ALL courses (since he's an admin), and what's more, ALL groups of ALL courses (in case he wants to set a group event) would be the height of unusability.

That said, if you think that it should be changed... thoughtful

Jon
John Papaioannou への返信

- W Page の投稿

Hi Jon!

I think an Admin should be able to see and do everything as far as the calendar is concerned.  So my vote on the issue would be for that.  Admins should have global rights with the Calendar and events.

WP1

Martin Dougiamas への返信

- John Papaioannou の投稿
Finally took the time and fixed this one. It would be nice to have feedback from people with hundreds of courses in Moodle, though. The drop-down menu may be unusable if it's so heavily populated.

Jon