Course events choices not working

Course events choices not working

by Bill White -
Number of replies: 6
Hi all,

I was trying to add an event for one of my courses but when I choose a course event only one course shows up in the drop down menu. Am I missing something when I installed it? (Standard install) I have 2 catagories with 5 courses: 4 actual courses and 1 demo (testing) course. The demo course is the only one that shows up.
Any suggestions? Using Moodle 1.3 Development 2004040500

Cheers,
Bill
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill White

Re: Course events choices not working

by Bryan Williams -

Bill,

Are you enrolled in those other courses as a teacher or student (check "Participants')?  If not they will not appear in the drop down menu, even though you are logged in as admin.

Bryan 

In reply to Bryan Williams

by Bill White -
Bryan,

Thanks that was it. Amazing how it was so simple as that. big grin I thought being logged in as admin would give me global rights. evil I guess this really is best as it keeps admins from messing with someones course.

Cheers,
Bill
In reply to Bill White

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Admins should be able to do anything so this is probably something that needs fixing.  Calendar's not cooked yet.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by John Papaioannou -
In fact this was deliberate. I thought that presenting an admin with a drop-down menu of ALL courses (since he's an admin), and what's more, ALL groups of ALL courses (in case he wants to set a group event) would be the height of unusability.

That said, if you think that it should be changed... thoughtful

Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

by W Page -

Hi Jon!

I think an Admin should be able to see and do everything as far as the calendar is concerned.  So my vote on the issue would be for that.  Admins should have global rights with the Calendar and events.

WP1

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by John Papaioannou -
Finally took the time and fixed this one. It would be nice to have feedback from people with hundreds of courses in Moodle, though. The drop-down menu may be unusable if it's so heavily populated.

Jon