Some insight would be appreciated

Some insight would be appreciated

by Nigel Kendrick -
Number of replies: 2

Folks,

I've just 'bumped into' Moodle while searching sourceforge for some technical info on a couple of Groupware products and it seems to meet some of my requirements for a post class examination. No doubt the anwers to the following questions are on the site, but it's 03.30 (yes, in the morning!) and I'm away for the next three days so it would be wonderful to be able to pick up a reply to all my queries in one go via email - hope you don't mind - here goes (this is all based on open classes of 6-15 students taking 2-3 day courses around the UK):

1) I note that quizzes can be set to 'expire', but can a quiz be left open and the student logins be set to expire (ie: 'you have four weeks to go online and take your test')?

2) Random quizzes: can you set up a quiz to pick, say 75 questions from a bank of 200? I guess so!?

3) Even better, can you split quiz questions into groups and pick, say, 5 from group 1, 10 from group 2 etc.?

Thanks for at least getting this far - if you all ignore me I'll take it that I need to do some digging, downloading and playing when I get back to work.

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nigel Kendrick

Re: Some insight would be appreciated

by John Papaioannou -
Some quick answers:

1. No, but since quizzes do expire, do you really need that? You can also set the whole course to expire, which would be more than enough, I should think.
  2. Yes
  3. Yes

Cheers
Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

Re: Some insight would be appreciated

by Nigel Kendrick -

The issue with expiration is that we may run, say, two open classes and perhaps an in-house class for a customer during the same month and so there will be three groups of students who all need to take 'exam x' within 4 weeks of attending their own class, so we'd like to have 'exam x' available all the time but individual expiry dates.

The other issue is that 'class x' runs numerous times throughout the year and we'd like all students to share a common forum and other services so they can swap information etc. - can this be done if we set up a separate, expiring course for each actual class held or will those who 'expire' also lose access to the associated online features and services?

I'll obviously investigate the package further but appreciate the feedback.

NK