Batch set up of accounts batch enrolling

Batch set up of accounts batch enrolling

by Robin Greaves -
Number of replies: 3
Hi you wonderful folk in Moodle Land! smile This such a WONDERFUL forum! Sincerely.

Anyway, there must (?) be an easy way to do this:
  1. I have a class, with a number of students, and I want them to go to my Moodle site and start using it with the minimum of hassle for them or me.
  2. I would like to send them a message saying something along the lines of: "Here's your username and password, go to www.blahblah/etc and you'll find such and such there then etc"
  3. At the moment, I have the options of either a reasonably time consuming account set-up and and then enrolment process, or of trying to get them to do it themselves. (I could oblige them to do the business, but I'd prefer it to be smoother than that!)
Is it possible to feed a list of names an email addresses into Moodle somwhow to add groups of people onto courses and email them the relevant logon information?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robin Greaves

Re: Batch set up of accounts batch enrolling

by Robin Greaves -
Sorry, I've figured it's possible to upload a file but don't know what the format of the file should be etc . . . is this getting too complex for a Newbie?

In reply to Robin Greaves

by John Isner -
I assume you are looking at the page Site Administration -> Users -> Accounts -> Upload Users. Click the small orange question mark and you will get a pop-up window describing the file format in great detail.
In reply to John Isner

by Robin Greaves -
Oh gawd, sorry, my brain is getting scrambled. I totally missed it. For some reason it seems closer to the title on that page and I completely missed it! Sorry.