Missing information and Viewing Groups

Missing information and Viewing Groups

by Anthony Armstrong -
Number of replies: 1

Two issues:

Recently, certain students haven't been able to view the full content of information I  have posted on the homepage. I have content displayed in the 'week' format and students logging are not having it appear on their computers. This problem prevents students from not only seeing the information I have posted, but they are unable to post forum discussions or upload assignment.

I have my classes divided into four groups (A,B,C,D).  I created a forum for groups A & B to post their discussions and another for C & D. I created a question and answer forum and wanted the students to be able to view not only their class periods, but also their classmates in other class period (A&B, C&D). Unfortunatley, the students could only view the postings made by students in their own class (A only view A, B could only view B, etc). How can I set up forums so that students can also view, and respond, to different postings made by students in other classes?

Thank you for your time and effort,

AArmstrong

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony Armstrong

Re: Missing information and Viewing Groups

by John Ryan -
Check the groups mode setting for your course. You can find this from the Settings page in the Administration block.

You can set the group mode to "none", "visible" or "separate". I suspect you have it set to "separate" as this restricts forum views to just your own group.