Probs trying to recreate the "Inspector" role

Probs trying to recreate the "Inspector" role

by Craig Fowler -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all

Running Moodle 1.7.1+

I am trying to recreate the "Inspector" role as documented at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Inspector_role. I create the role, assign it to a user (at site context), but when they try to access any course on the site, they are presented with the usual: This course is not enrollable at the moment. error message.

If I then set the course to allow enrolments the user is instead asked if they wish to enrol. What I actually want it a role that I can assign at site level, granting the users access to view every course on the site.

Does this sound like a bug that needs to go on the tracker, or are there some steps I can take to see if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Craig Fowler

Re: Probs trying to recreate the "Inspector" role

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Craig,

Just noticed you've added a comment to a tracker report - MDL-7764 - thanks! It seems to be a bug in 1.7.1+ only and not in 1.8 beta +. Testing the role assignment in a different context was a good idea of yours. approve
Average of ratings: Useful (1)