Accessibility: Comparison between Moodle 1.5.4, 1.7 and 1.8 for Accessibility

Accessibility: Comparison between Moodle 1.5.4, 1.7 and 1.8 for Accessibility

by Priyanka Patil -
Number of replies: 5
Hello,

Has anybody worked on a comparison chart between moodle versions 1.5.4, 1.7 and 1.8 for accessibility? I am currently working on a comparison chart and any input will be welcome. Has anybody divided the accessibility testing for any or all of these versions into sub-parts, for example for each block : Admistration, People etc ?

Thanks,
Priyanka
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Priyanka Patil

Re: Accessibility: Comparison between Moodle 1.5.4, 1.7 and 1.8 for Accessibility

by Jamie Pratt -
You can see in the bug tracker at http://tracker.moodle.org all of the issues that were worked on for different versions of Moodle, this is probably the most detailled list of changes made to each version of Moodle. Nearly every change to Moodle gets documented in here. 1.8 particularly had a lot of work done on it for accessibility.

Here is a link to work done on Moodle that has been marked as being about accessibility

In reply to Jamie Pratt

Re: Accessibility: Comparison between Moodle 1.5.4, 1.7 and 1.8 for Accessibility

by Priyanka Patil -
Thanks a lot! This information is very helpful.
In reply to Priyanka Patil

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
These metabugs view may be more helpful:

MDL-7860 and MDL-7396
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by David Delgado -
Looks nice! smile
In reply to David Delgado

by Nuno Regadas -
Hi there..
I'm now working with moodle, and one of my main objectives is to improve its accessibility. I saw almost all topics in this forum, but in my mind there's still one question..
Where, in which file do i work accessibility? For instance, if i want to do something as simples as to give an "alt" attribute to an image, an image that belongs to a table..In activities, for instance, i have an image for wikis, resources, whatever...theses images can have an "alt" or "longdesc" attribute.
Where do I put it?
It´s stuff like this that I'm looking for..Hope to find an answer..I'm trying to work that out, if I manage to solve this I'll tell...

thoughtful smile