Block admin panel with roles?

Block admin panel with roles?

by Ryan Smith -
Number of replies: 4
Some background: My site has 3 Admin accounts, two of which should be able to access the admin panel, and 1 that needs to be able to do everything an admin can do, EXCEPT access the admin panel and change settings (kind of like a super-moderator role). Does anybody know if there is a way to set this up with the roles? Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Smith

Re: Block admin panel with roles?

by Yu Zhang -
Hi,

I do not really understand why you want an admin with no access to the admin panel. You can try to create/duplicate the admin role, and set moodle/site:doanything and moodle/site:config to inherit, and assign the third user into that sudo-admin role under system context. However an admin really can't do much without these 2 capabilities.

Cheers.

Yu
In reply to Yu Zhang

by Ryan Smith -
Yu,

Thanks for the response. Basically, what I need for our Moodle site is a "super-moderator" type role. This role would allow the person to access all of the courses, delete/edit posts, edit user profiles, etc. while not being allowed to access the admin panel settings. This way none of the server settings are changed inadvertently.
In reply to Ryan Smith

by Yu Zhang -
Hi,

In this case you can also duplicate the "teacher" role, call it "super-moderator" and assign him that role at the system context. He will have access to all courses and be able to edit them.

Cheers,

Yu