You have two cows

You have two cows

by Art Lader -
Number of replies: 7
I am addicted to these You have two cows lists. I don't know why.

twocows.jpg

Enjoy.

-- Art
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Art Lader

Re: You have two cows

by Frances Bell -
OK then Art -let's contextualise this.
You have two Open Source cows.
You can endlessly replicate them (no sexual reproduction) and adapt the replicas but you are not allowed to sell any of the replicas or adaptations. However you can make money from housing the replica cows in a barn (called hosting) or train the cow handlers, or do cow style sheets. But you are only allowed to advertise cow hosting or cow handler training if you are a registered cow partner.
You may be able to obtain business or public funding for your cow adaptation, and feel part of a 'cow community' see Cowparade.
In reply to Frances Bell

by Michael Blake -
That's udderly ridiculous (and I should know, I was born in Wisconsin.)

(Edited by Frances Bell - original submission Friday, 9 March 2007, 09:51 AM)

I just removed the stray characters from the subject line that I had accidentally inserted

(Edited by Frances Bell - original submission Friday, 9 March 2007, 03:23 PM)

In reply to Frances Bell

by Danielle Lowy -
Frances- Cow Parade! I've been accused by friends of having the zeal (and cachet?) of a train spotter when it comes to Cow Parades (chanced upon one in Luxembourg yonks ago when visiting parents, did Manchester where I live and Edinburgh last year). In Manchester Sacred Cow sold for over £11,000 at auction. Sadly I couldn't afford a cow but I have got Percy Penguin made by the same artist, Mark Kennedy,whose studio is opposite where I work. Percy cost the equivalent of a new boot I decided, and what use would one new boot be?
In reply to Danielle Lowy

by Frances Bell -
Cow Parade is one of the many joys of living in or around Manchester. I am envious of your Percy Penguin.
I too have seen 'cows' around Europe but the Manchester cows are 'sorted'.
In reply to Frances Bell

by Alexandre Enkerli -
Nice!
But... Isn't this the Free Software (GPL) version?
We definitely should have a Creative Commons version. As a comic strip!
Shouldn't be too hard, right? With words like "sampling" and "mashup," something can be done?
"You create two cows. Somebody else wants to sample these two cows in a mashup criticising the federal administration. You allow that person to record the sounds of your two cows mooing as long as you get credit for your work."
Something of that sort.

Or, how about an artistic license (Perl). "You have two cows.'You' is you, if you're thinking about cows."
In reply to Art Lader

by Les Amidon -

So the question is:

What is a cow's favorite Learning Management System?

Moooooo-dle, of course!