Could people answer these few questions to help out a college student?

Could people answer these few questions to help out a college student?

by kate guercio -
Number of replies: 6

Hey! my name is kate and im a student at bradley university majoring in elementary education.  I'm doing a project on moodle and i'd like to ask some users to do a mini-survey.  if you could answer me back, i'd be forever thankful!

1- How long have you been using moodle?

2- How did you find out about moodle?

3- How has moodle been helpful in/out of the classroom?

Thank you so much!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to kate guercio

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to kate guercio

Re: Could people answer these few questions to help out a college student?

by david giles -

Hey Kate

1.  I have been using moodle for about 6 months now.

2.  I found out by dumb luck when talking to another tech guy that uses it in their school.

3.  I presently teach a CompTIA A+ certification course and use it daily for readings, assignments, tests, videos, calenders; basically everything.  My goal is to be completely text book free by next school year and use this exclusively. 

By the way.  I don't know if this would make your research easier or not but if you have a moodle server I would think about installing the Feedback module and point people to that for your survey.  It does all the calculations for you.  The "hardest" part would be setting it up.  I am in the process of doing that right now for course evaluations for my school. 

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to kate guercio

by Art Lader -

1- How long have you been using moodle? - Since the fall of 2002.

2- How did you find out about moodle? - Pure chance. I was looking for something else, but found Moodle. What a lucky day. smile

3- How has moodle been helpful in/out of the classroom? - Too many benefits to enumerate... Most importantly, improved communication and collaboration among students, teachers and parents.

Hope that helps, Kate. Good luck to you!

Regards,
Art

In reply to kate guercio

by Paul Kores -
Hi Kate

1. I have been using Moodle for about 18 months.

2. I found out about Moodle when my wife took a computer course on Linux. Her Instructor suggested she do a project on Moodle. She got it up and running, told me about it, installed it on a computer so I could play with it, and here I am.

3. Moodle solves a number of problems with my botany course. It allows me to post lectures and notes, so my students can get the material prior to lecture. It allows a line of communication between the students and the instructor. Got a question. You can post it to the form, where it will get answered long before office hours. Moodle also offers a way of testing what people have learned outside of class time. It also creates a virtual community between the students in the course.

Good luck on your project.

In reply to kate guercio

by Lesli Smith -
Hi, Kate. Here are my answers:

1- How long have you been using moodle? Since the fall of 2003. (four school years)

2- How did you find out about moodle? I fell into it by chance while looking to reconnect with a friend and former colleague. He was using Moodle and agreed to let me try it on his server, too, as I was unsure how to do it myself. Very prodigious day for me, the day I stumbled upon Moodle. smile

3- How has moodle been helpful in/out of the classroom? Extremely helpful. Keeps students connected through off-school calendar vacations, illnesses, and other mishaps. Allows for better student collaboration on projects. Gives me better ability to give more detailed feedback when necessary on student written work. And many, many more ways.

Good luck on your project!

Lesli
In reply to kate guercio

by kate guercio -

I want to thank everyone who helped me out!  I really appreciate the answers. 

Thanks!

-Kate