footer is there but not the button. Is there a
solution to this problem?

Thank you,

Barry Richard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to B R

Re: Attempt quiz now button is missing

by John Isner -
Has the student already used up his quota of attempts?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Isner

by B R -

John,

My quiz is set to Unlimited attempts, but even so, after receiving your question I registered a totally new student, but I am still unable to see the Attempt quiz now button, even as a newly registered student.

Thank you for trying to help and please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Barry

In reply to B R

by John Isner -
I went to the front page of Moodle.org and searched for "Attempt quiz now" (the front page search works much better than the forum search). It seems that you are not alone. See this discussion.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Isner

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Are you using 1.7, or 1.7.1. The latter, or even 1.7.1+, is much more likely to work.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by B R -
I'm using Moodle 1.7 which I installed from Fantistico inside my hosting account cpanel. I just sent an email to my webhost asking if she can upgrade Fantastico with Moodle 1.7.1+. I'm a real novice at installing websites the traditional way, but I'm fine with Fantastico installations.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by B R -
I have solved the problem by setting the "Guest access" in the Edit course settings to "Do not allow guests in". Students are now able to see the Attempt quiz now button, and attempt the quiz. I'm using Moodle 1.7
In reply to B R

by Andrew Greaves -

Hello,

I too have just had the same problem reported but only by one user, I currently have all the corrective setting above as defaults in all my courses so this has not fixed the problem. I am using 1.7 as well. I have created a new account for the delegate to see if this fixes it to no avail.

I have approx 100 users a day using the tests in question so I am surprised it is not effecting others. The chap is using his own laptop would there be any internet setting effecting this I have logged on as him myself but can see the attempt now button.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Andy Greaves 

In reply to John Isner

by B R -
I see that I'm not alone with this problem. Thanks again John.
In reply to B R

by Leif Johnson -
Hi,

I ran into this same issue and I thought I'd resurrect this topic. Apologies if this has been resolved elsewhere. I'm using moodle-1.8.3 (2007021530).

I was seeing the same missing attempt button behavior, but I've found it's related to the debug settings.

For the same student in the same valid quiz conditions (within time/attempts -- set to forever/unlimited):
If I have debugging error messages turned off (Debugs Messages --> NONE, display errors --> unchecked) everything works fine.

If debug error messages are turned on (Debug Messages --> DEBUG, display errors --> checked) the attempt quiz button is not visible.

There are substantial differences in the produced (but not visual ) produced html. In particular the debug version has this extra bit BEFORE the '<!DOCTYPE ...'

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
DEBUG: Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml
-->

leif
In reply to Leif Johnson

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This has been fixed in later versions. There was some horrible old-fashioned JavsScript that did not work in the full standards-compliant mode that DEBUG_DEVELOPER turns on.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Nicole Marcisz -

hello,

I am using moodle 1.83 and I have my quizzes set to unlimited attempts yet when I go in a student, after I take it once it doesn't show a button or anything to try it again.

help, what do I do? Why is it doing this?

thanks

Nicole

In reply to B R

by Nathaniel Bird -
Could anyone tell me if it is possible to have a quiz accessible to students outside of a course? We created a quiz in the Main Menu of the Moodle home page and although we can go into it with our student accounts, there is no Attempt quiz button. I didn't see anything in the site permissions that will affect this.