Restrictions on lessons Navigation

Restrictions on lessons Navigation

by Sai Kumar Potluri -
Number of replies: 6

Dear,

How can I restrict a user from going into next lesson without completing the current lesson with a minimum grade..? Is there a way to have negative marks for a wrong answers..? Please some one help me out..

Thanks in advance...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sai Kumar Potluri

Re: Restrictions on lessons Navigation

by Tony Beld -

As for the first question, when you create or update the lesson look for:

Dependent on: None dependency" href="https://grumpy.uccs.edu/moodle/help.php?module=lesson&file=dependency.html&forcelang=">Help, <a href=dependency" src="https://grumpy.uccs.edu/moodle/pix/help.gif" />
Condition(s) for the dependency:
Time Spent (minutes) Completed Grade better than (%)

As for the second, I have never done that but when I added a negative number in the score section for a given question to test it out, it defaulted back to 0 after save so I'm guessing the answer is no.

In reply to Tony Beld

by Craig Doran -

I seem to be having a few problems with this 'Dependent on' function.  I have lessons that have the Dependent on selction with Condition(s) for the depenency set to 'completed'.  But even after student work through the lesson and complete it , when they click on the next lesson in the following topic it states it tells them they havn't completed the previous lesson.

The lesson was created under add an activity int he topic area and are question pages.  Although I don't actually have any questions at the bottom of each pages.  They simply have to read all the question pages, go to the end and then download the assignment (resource).  But for some reason even after doing all this, when they go to next lesson it states that they need to complete previous one.

Any ideas

In reply to Craig Doran

by Matthew Rowe -
I'm having a few issues with the dependent on function as well. I'm trying to use it in what I thought was a really simple way (click through lessons with no questions) but it never registers as complete.

I just started a new thread with screen caps of my settings around this issue specifically. http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=74736

Regards,

Matthew.
In reply to Matthew Rowe

by Michael Bachrach -
I am using Moodle version 1.6.5 and activity lock 2.4. My experience is that if I did not put in a required completion score for a lesson the student would not get credit for completing the lesson.
In reply to Craig Doran

by Rodrigo Claudino Diogo -
If the lesson have no question of types:"numeric, multiple choice, short answer, true/false, matching or numerical" the system is not capable of verify if the lesson was completed.
I decided this problem in one of my lesson inserting questions of multiple choice that gave freedom of the pupil to choose which the next page that it would like to read (not linear navigation). Thus, the system obtains to verify which pages it already visited and if it finished the lesson.

thanks.. e sorry about my English....
In reply to Rodrigo Claudino Diogo

by Craig Doran -
Thanks for that.  I did something similar.  I just added one more question page and put a selection (i.e. answer) for them to select which simply got them to 'check' the answer Lesson Completed. This seems to have solved the problem and not the system recognises the lesson as completed.