Unable to display activity log chart.

Unable to display activity log chart.

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Number of replies: 5

I think this is my wrong weekend with RedHat. After a HD failure of a test server running RH8, now I'm experiencing an annoying problem on RH9 and Apache 1.3.29 and PHP 4.3.4 : the course activity log chart does not display. The GD library detected is 2.x. Tried to change to 1.x, no result. 

In PHP info the GD library shows png support enabled, and png MIME types are configured in the apache environment. I'm running the last nightly Moodle from CVS. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Attachment missinglog.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

Re: Unable to display activity log chart.

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
I had the same problem with Free Type not installed
In reply to koen roggemans

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Zbigniew and Koem, many thanks for your suggestions. I checked TrueType support in PHP info but nothing showed me that TrueType are supported . Should it be evident in the "GD" section of  PHPinfo?

Freetype library are installed with a RH9 RPM package. I think when making PHP4.3.4 using source download instead of a RPM package the freetype support has not been enabled, there is no evidence of --with-freetype in the configure command.

To enable Freetype within php, I think I could "make" again (pheraps using "make clean") PHP 4.3.4 sources but I never "remaked" over a working installation so I does not know wheter or not the system will be garbaged out.

In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Cormac McClean -
I'm not sure if this helps, but I had difficulty with PHP4.3.4 and GD (on RedHat 9) - jpeg support was not enabled. I switched back to PHP4.3.3 and all is well. Have you tried 4.3.3?

Regards,
Cormac.
In reply to Cormac McClean

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Hi Cormac, thanks for your suggestion. PHP4.3.4 compiled and installed correctly with GD on my test server with RH9. At the present time I'm testing an application requiring 4.3.4, so I cannot reverto to 4.3.3.