this seems to be a clash of the settings for background colors in the Hot Potatoes quiz and your Moodle site.
- does the crossword display OK, when you run it outside of Moodle?
- when you view the crossword via Moodle, are you using the the html file or the jcw file?
- could you show us a screen shot of the problem, or send me the URL of your site?
My email address is gordon at-sign kanazawa hyphen gu dot ac dot jp
- what version of Moodle are you using?
Hi there. Thanks for your reply. I'm going to post a screenshot of what happens when the final score comes up. This is from the html file which I ran straight from my desktop but the same issue occurs on our school's moodle site - which I believe is version 1.6 and I put the html file there too.
You need to add a "#" sign to the colors you have specified in the JCross -> Options -> Configure Output -> Appearance dialog box
- Navigation bar colour: 990000 => #990000
- Page background colour: FFFFFF => #FFFFFF
- Title colour: 990000 => #990000
- Exercise background colour: FFFFFF => #FFFFFF
- Text colour: 000000 => #000000
Ah! Thanks! I will have a go!