Crossword score in IE7

Crossword score in IE7

by josephine wilson -
Number of replies: 6
I've been making crosswords  - we are using IE7- and I've noticed that when the crossword is completed, the score is displayed ontop of the crossword and therefore difficult to read. I hope that makes sense - it's like an overlay. Is there any way I can get it to display separately?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to josephine wilson

Re: Crossword score in IE7

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Josephine,
this seems to be a clash of the settings for background colors in the Hot Potatoes quiz and your Moodle site.
  • does the crossword display OK, when you run it outside of Moodle?
  • when you view the crossword via Moodle, are you using the the html file or the jcw file?
  • could you show us a screen shot of the problem, or send me the URL of your site?
    My email address is gordon at-sign kanazawa hyphen gu dot ac dot jp
  • what version of Moodle are you using?
thanks
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by josephine wilson -

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. I'm going to post a screenshot of what happens when the final score comes up. This is from the html file which I ran straight from my desktop  but the same issue occurs on our school's moodle site - which I believe is version 1.6 and I put the html file there too.

hot pot screenshot

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks for the screenshot Josephine. Would it also be possible to post the quiz file? Then we can give you very concrete suggestions about how to fix it.

regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by josephine wilson -
I am attaching the file I think you mean; thanks again

by Gordon Bateson -
Thanks for making the file available Josephine.

You need to add a "#" sign to the colors you have specified in the JCross -> Options -> Configure Output -> Appearance dialog box
  • Navigation bar colour: 990000 => #990000
  • Page background colour: FFFFFF => #FFFFFF
  • Title colour: 990000 => #990000
  • Exercise background colour: FFFFFF => #FFFFFF
  • Text colour: 000000 => #000000
That should fix it smile
Gordon