How can Teachers/Facilitators add users manually?

How can Teachers/Facilitators add users manually?

by Chris Harner -
Number of replies: 5
I could have sworn I saw this on the boards awhile ago but I can't find it, now. I think I'm using a somewhat "older" version of Moodle. Probably 1.6.1, if I recall.

Anyway, is it possible for me to add users as a facilitator? I do not want the facilitators to have other admin functions, just the ability to manually add users.

I'll keep searching for an answer unless someone tells me, "Just click that radio button" like every other issue I've had! Man, Moodle is almost too easy to work with sometimes! Haha thanks everyone.

Harner
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Harner

Re: How can Teachers/Facilitators add users manually?

by Jane Flower -

Hi

Just wondering if you found out how to do this?  I am having problems adding students.  The Student Menu is not appearing on the course, when I log in as a teacher.

Thanks Jane

In reply to Jane Flower

by Chris Harner -
Hi Jane,
I didn't figure it out, yet. As of right now the administrator has to do it for us.

We have a few different courses. I binded Moodle with LDAP so the current users in the company can just login using their normal credentials. Sadly, I am unable to figure out how to manually add users by using a facilitator account, yet.
In reply to Chris Harner

by burcu ozdogru -

Hi,

Just like Jane i am also cannot see teacher/student menu inside the administrator menu. I am using 1.7 version of moodle. i just begun to construct the site and i am trying to use moodle as admin and sometimes as teacher to understand the structure. Right now i cannot enrol students or teachers manually.

If anyone understands why this happen please inform me

burcu smile

In reply to burcu ozdogru

by Mauno Korpelainen -

In moodle 1.7 you do it from Course Administration menu by "Assign roles" link

and you may define roles from

Administration -> Users -> Permissions -> Define roles

In reply to Chris Harner

by John Isner -
In Moodle 1.6, you can do this as admin. On the front page of your site, in the Administration block, click "Courses." Navigate to the course to which you want to add a teacher. The click on the little brown face ("assign teacher"). You will be shown a page with two lists: the current teacher(s) (if any) and the potential teachers. Click the Add Teacher link next to any potential teacher to add them to the teachers list.