Flash QType feedback please.

Flash QType feedback please.

by Aaron Woehler -
Number of replies: 0
I've been working on a flash question type and would appreciate some feedback before I progress any farther since this is my first contribution to Moodle.
This question type originated out of a flash module that I created to present graphing lines to my students and some discussions about Moodle and math.

TODO:
Create a drop down box or flash selection preloader for the question editor to allow the teacher to select which flash module to use. I haven't created this yet because I have not done the research on how to place data into a table. This qtype is just a slightly modified short answer question at the moment.

Current thoughts and questions.
  • Since there are some concerns with security with using flash the site admin would have to load the flash modules into the swf directory.
  • What would the best way to store answers on the server? The line graph submits the equation of the students line. Would it be better to submit the points that the student clicked and have the server calculate the equation so that the equation couldn't get submitted another way?
This has been developed under version 1.7.3+.

I'm open to any feedback that you have.

Thanks, Aaron
Average of ratings: -