Students can still see grades with settings unchecked

Students can still see grades with settings unchecked

by David O'Brien -
Number of replies: 3
Hello
We would like to run the quiz for initial assessment of dyslexia. As part of this and as there is no real grade, we do not want the student to see the grade at the end of the quiz. In the admin/configuration/modules I have all the student view setting unchecked, this is also true for the actual quiz settings so presumably the student should see no grading info at the end. When a student has taken the quiz grades are still showing. I have the close of the quiz set for a year ahead.
I have tried all combinations to hide these grades to no avail so I am beginning to wonder if it could be a bug.
We are running Moodle 1.5.4.
Any help would be most appreciated to try to solve this.
Kind Regards
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David O'Brien

Re: Students can still see grades with settings unchecked

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I can't help with a version that old. I do know that it works in more recent versions.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by David O'Brien -
Hello Tim
Thanks for the reply. Could you recommend what version I should update to?
I'm a little confused as to why the settings would be available if they do not work when the information on the Moodle modules and plugins page states that it works with "Any version of Moodle".
Regards
In reply to David O'Brien

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
With upgrading, you should always keep up-to-date with the most recent update of the version you are following. That is, you should always upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 soon after it is released - as you seem to be doing.

You need to be more careful updating major version. With a major update like 1.5.x -> 1.6.x or 1.7.x, you should probably do a test upgrade on a copy of your real site and then check that everything, before you update your live server. However, you should aim to upgrade at the first convenient opportunity after the release. (But if you wait a bit, maybe until the 1.x.1 release, other people will have found the unexpected bugs and they will mostly have been fixed.)

So based on that, you should be considering upgrading to 1.7.1, or waiting a month or so and upgrading to 1.8 when it is released.

The quiz is a core module, so an updated quiz version is released with each new version of Moodle. That is the sense in which the quiz works with any version.