does any body know how to use wiki globally

does any body know how to use wiki globally

by chris blogs -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Guys

I've been playing with moodle for a week now and have full a course structure set up.

Is there any way I can have the wiki functionality running thoughout the course structure? ie on summaies/ HTML resources etc?

Regards

Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to chris blogs

Re: does any body know how to use wiki globally

by Matt Gibson -
Ah, I see. I hadn't read this post when I replied to your other one. I just installed nwiki on 1.7 and there is a wiki course format, but I havent tried it. I'd have a look at that and see if its what you're lokoing for.
In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: does any body know how to use wiki globally

by Saul Traiger -
Has anyone tried to use the "wiki-like" format for a course with nwiki? I've tried, but I can't get it to save the wiki. Once set up, it takes you to the editing mode for "First Page". So far so good. But when I attempt to save that page, I get the error message:

First Page('Can\'t insert page record')
Theres's an error in page location

When I hit "continue" I'm thrown out of Moodle to:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access.

However, if I back up, I can click on "course wiki" and edit the First Page. However if I ever try to edit it using the "edit" tab directly, I get the same error as above.

In short, the wiki works fine, when I access it as an activity within the course. But it doesn't work directly as a course format. Is this a problem with the current level of integration of nwiki into Moodle as a whole?