Teachers Can't Add Exceptions Problem

Teachers Can't Add Exceptions Problem

by J m -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, when the teacher clicks the Grade Exceptions tab, it says:

Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (Manage grades)

It works in one class, but not the others.  That one class has all grades, if that is a factor (the other classes will be tested tomorrow.)

Does anyone know how to fix this?  The administrator role has no problem seeing this, so I'm not sure what is going on.  The teacher is indeed in the teacher role for that class.

The role has manage grades set to allow.

Thanks for any help.

I have Moodle 1.7 stable.

In reply to J m

Re: Teachers Can't Add Exceptions Problem

by Dixie Harrison -
Same story here but we haven't located any of the instructors who can get to the exceptions tab. Since semester doesn't start until Tuesday, we added a dummy student to the classroom, and had them submit some homework. We tried accessing the tab again but no go. Graded the homework and tried again, but still no go.

We have Moodle 1.7+ on Mandriva 2006, Apache 2.2.3, mySQL 4.1.20, PHP 4.4.4

We'd appreciate any help.

Thanx!
Dixie

In reply to Dixie Harrison

by J m -
Are we the only two that have this problem?  Is this forum for the stock gradebook that comes with 1.7 or should this be posted in General Problems?  Thanks.
In reply to J m

by John Ryan -
I also have this problem.

It also occurs for me with the latest beta of 1.8

This is a reported bug in the bug tracker (mdl_8249)

John

PS Just found this fix in the bug tracker, though it involves editing one of the files.

Find the file grade/exceptions.php

and change the line
require_capability('moodle/course:managegrades', get_context_instance(CONTEXT_MODULE, $id));

to

require_capability('moodle/course:managegrades', get_context_instance(CONTEXT_COURSE, $id));

i.e. just change MODULE to COURSE. It works for me.