Drag and Drop Question No image appears when reviewing.

Drag and Drop Question No image appears when reviewing.

by David Edwards -
Number of replies: 2
I am running moodle 7.1 and the Drag and Drop question allows me to select the back ground image and the drag image.

When I click the position the hotspots a new browser window opens and I get a blank browser with nothing on it.
So I go to the question and try to review it and the question appears but with no back ground image and no drag image.

I have used the readme file and enter the appropriate code in the files and nothing happens.

Could someone please advise on what could be the problem.

Thanks

Dave
And Happy New years to all.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Edwards

Re: Drag and Drop Question No image appears when reviewing.

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
Hello,
Can you please check that you are using a very recent version of the dragdrop questiontype ( for instance questiontype.php should be v 1.7 and editquestion.html should be v 1.3) ?
I had this problem when I first tried the 1.6 version of dragdrop with Moodle 1.7 and with my first trials at upgrading it to Moodle 1.7 but I think I have corrected the problem now.
just re-download the questiontype from Modules and plugins and replace the files on your server, no need to re-edit Moodle files again if you have already modified your Moodle 1.7 installation.
If you still have problem can you please report here ? Thanks.
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

Re: Drag and Drop Question No image appears when reviewing.

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
I must report there was a problem in my XMLDB (db/install.xml) file.
Because of this, installation of the dragdrop questiontype failed under Moodle 1.7 (users having dragdrop already installed under 1.6x and upgrading to 1.7 were not affected by this problem and this is also the reason I didn't noticed the problem when I modified dragdrop to work with Moodle 1.7)
The problem is now corrected in contrib CVS (you need db/install.xml v 1.2)
I must confess that I had done this file by hand rather than using Moddle integrated XMLDB editor because I wasn't even knowing such an editor was integrated in Moodle admin rouge
Thanks a lot to the Moodle user (dabi du) who made a detailed report of the exact error message he was getting when trying to install dragdrop under Moodle 1.7 because it helped me a lot to quickly fix this bug approbateur.