A Word of Gratitude

A Word of Gratitude

by Bryan Williams -
Number of replies: 8

Sir Janne,

A word of thanks and gratitude for all the FANTASTIC work you have put into the HTML editor is in order.  Light years beyond where it was just 90 days ago.  Like to see Blackboard, WebCT or other proprietary solutions match what the knights of the Moodle roundtable can do.  With all the cool new stuff in 1.2, I'm ready to hit the road and start showing a bunch of people on my customer list the Magic of Moodle!

Bryan 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Bryan Williams

Re: A Word of Gratitude

by Art Lader -
I agree. smile Thank you so much for all your time and genius.

-- Art Lader

by Janne Mikkonen -
Thank you Bryan, Art and Jacob for your kind words blush.
I thank you all for great work on testing this editor. Without your contribution I would've missed out so many things that It would've been much harder to make it work as it does now.

- Janne -
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by Ger Tielemans -
To show the next level of your talents: Can you create a PDF-button, that makes a PDF of the content of the window and shows up (in studentview) as a small resource-button after the green hyperlink text knipoog
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You're joking right?  mixed
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ger Tielemans -

The editor is great and powerful and he can be proud: it is making Moodle looking more and more as a tool you can safely give to any teacher.

So yes, just a little joke,

..because I wish a much powerful PDF-tool: ONE button that harvests all the resources and texts that are checkmarked as resources for the student-manual.. Or is that another joke?

In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Bryan Williams -

Ger,

I believe that much as Moodle's evolution is tied to the development of PHP, the HTML area developers set the direction of this plug-in.  So, I would think Janne has his hands tied on many wish list items until the developer team adds new functionality.  In the meantime, why not use one of the free PDF creators so students can print a web page whenever?

I heard that green tea is good to drink when you can't go to sleep! clown

Bryan

by Ger Tielemans -

Yes, I still like IBM's Toot-o-matic, but see Aurigadoc as a more serious candidate, but that is for expert users like your students, not normal professors or teachers...

.. I still dream of a set of php-forms somewhere on line, retated to a running Moodle course, a set of forms a normal teacher can fill with content and then generates a PDF with TOC (for example the ROS-way)