Embedded Answers (Cloze) -- Help Please

Embedded Answers (Cloze) -- Help Please

by David Edwards -
Number of replies: 3
I am trying to put a formula into and embedded answer and it does not seem to work. Maybe I am doing this wrong or it can not be done. If someone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I have a table with fractions which I would like to display using this formula.

$$\fs{2}\frac{1}{2}$$
So when the student looks at the table they will see this

1/2
{1:SHORTANSWER:=0.5}

I know this works in a short answer question with only one question. But I would like to create a table with numerous fractions all in one question.

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Edwards

Re: Embedded Answers (Cloze) -- Help Please

by Phil Cozens -

David,

I'm not sure about doing this as an embedded cloze using Quiz, vut you should be able to do this using JCloze as a Hot Potatoes activity.

Phil

In reply to David Edwards

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

Which Moodle version are you using? Your embedded "fraction question" works fine for me in Moodle 1.6.3.

Can we have more details of what you mean by "it does not seem to work"?

Joseph

Attachment image000.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by David Edwards -
Thanks I am running 1.7 and it is now working. Think there were some finger problems or mental laps.

I have one other question on this. I have two short answer in a question but I would like them to only give 1/2 mark each for a total of one. Do you know now this can be done. I tried the {1:SHORTANSWER:~=%50%5.75} but that does not give me what I want.

Thanks