Should we maintain category datasets for calculated questions

Should we maintain category datasets for calculated questions

by Pierre Pichet -
Number of replies: 0
In calculated questions the datasets are used to create the valus that will be used in the question. You can also create category datasets that can be shared by other calculated questions in the same category. For example you could generate a set of 6 category datasets containing series of number thast you will use the create a first question asking for the mean, a second calculated question asking for the median and so on.
However the actual implementation is not satisfactory.
  • You have no list of the actual category datasets available.
  • You have to remember which one you create .
  • You have to set the number of data items at least as large as the other those of the other datasets you use in the same question. In fact people set the number to one which is at least a minimal dataset!
  • Category datasets do not migrate with your calculated questions if you move them to another category.
For all these reasons, I propose that we do not support further category datasets if we add the possibility of multiple questions in calculated questions.
I have an almost completed project of multiple questions version of calculated question http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=54395
that I could completed in the first months of 2007 more easily if I do not have to support category datasets!
Your comments
Pierre

Average of ratings: -