Printing taken Quizzes on paper or PDF

Printing taken Quizzes on paper or PDF

by Manuel de la Torre -
Number of replies: 6
Hello All,

Here at my University need to have all exams taken by our students in paper form, this is because we need them for certification and archiving purposes.

So we need to print one by one all quizzes taken by our students online. Not a nice and elegant way of doing things.

Does anybody knows if there is a way to do this automatically? Something like a batch printing function?, perhaps a function that converts taken quizzes into PDF files?

Thanks,

Manuel.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manuel de la Torre

Re: Printing taken Quizzes on paper or PDF

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I am not aware of such a tool to automatically do this. One problem I have noticed is that when I have printed to a PDF generating print driver (like PDF Creator) or even printing a hard copy that some of the options get truncated at the end of the page. So I am unaware of a nice and elegant way of doing this. I came across this when I wanted to have a backup paper copy of a final exam in the event of a technological issue. I was unable to get a good printout of a quiz.
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by John Isner -
This was a problem for me too (I print quizzes) until I discovered that the screen capture program SnagIt, which I had been already been using, can actually do this (convert output files to PDF). Maybe this is a new feature in version 8.2 (the version just released), or maybe it was already there. I only discovered it after upgrading to 8.2 and reading the manual.

It's very convenient. You set up one or more "SnagIt printers," one for each output "profile." For example, I set up a profile that will print four pages per sheet. Then when you do File->Print (in Windows), select the SnagIt printer instead of your usual printer from the list of available printers. SnagIt will do the conversion and then print the file.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Isner

by James Steinbach -

Have you looked at http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-6036 yet?  You can vote for the issue and hopefully get a real Moodle fix.

Another option is to export the Item Analysis from the quiz and then delete the areas you don't need from the spreadsheet (although I will admit, it's not the prettiest way to do it).

In reply to James Steinbach

by John Isner -
Yes, I had already voted for it!
In reply to John Isner

by Art Lader -

John,

I have been using SnagIt for a couple of years now and had not thought of that.

Thanks!

Regards,
Art

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by John Isner -
Have you tried printing with Internet Explorer? When I print with Firefox, text is often lost at the page boundaries, but NEVER with IE. In fact, the only time I use IE is when I need to print a quiz.