Submit button

Submit button

by Robbie C -
Number of replies: 11
Hello everyone,

How do I get rid of the submit button after each quiz question? I would only like to have one SUBMIT button on the bottom of the page. Thank you!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robbie C

Re: Submit button

by John Isner -
Edit the quiz and set Adaptive mode to No.
In reply to John Isner

by Robbie C -
Brilliant, thank you John!
In reply to Robbie C

by Robbie C -
Hmm, now that I got rid of the submit buttons beside each question, I would like to only have one button right at the botton - "SUBMIT ALL AND FINISH". Right now, I have that and a button "SAVE WITHOUT SUBMITTING". Is there a simple way to only have "the SUBMIT ALL AND FINISH" button?
In reply to Robbie C

by Just H -
Hi Robbie

You can get rid of the "Save without submitting" button by commenting out line 531 in the file mod/quiz/attempt.php i.e.

/// echo "<input type=\"submit\" name=\"saveattempt\" value=\"".get_string("savenosubmit", "quiz")."\" />\n";

regards
Harry
In reply to Just H

by Robbie C -
Thanks Harry, it works like a charm! I cannot believe how easy it is to do it.

Moodle rocks!!!
In reply to Robbie C

by Just H -
Hi Robbie

I'd love to take the credit but all I do is cut and paste most of the time wink I found that little tip somewhere in the forums a while back.

In my Moodle install I have a hidden glossary where I keep all those little tips and hacks I find useful so I can find them quickly . . . helps getting a new install or an upgraded install back to speed.

Good to hear you are finding Moodle as cool as I am big grin

Regards
Harry
In reply to Robbie C

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
An alternative answer is to wait for Moodle 1.8. We (well, my colleague Mahmoud) is doing some work to improble the quiz naviagation.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Robbie C -
When is Moodle 1.8 coming out?
In reply to Robbie C

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle release dates are always difficult to predict in advance. The target is early next year.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Tim > "We (well, my colleague Mahmoud) is doing some work to improble the quiz naviagation."

Is this quiz navigation future improvement related in any way to the Infinite Improbability Drive?

Joseph big grin

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Jeff Forssell -
big grinbig grin I really MUST get around to reading the Hitcherhikers Guide. Just those few paragraphs will keep me grinning for hours.