Moodle Access Time Restrictions

Moodle Access Time Restrictions

by Julian Griffiths -
Number of replies: 4

I am new to Moodle and have inherited a system which was already setup. There has been on ongoing problem that Moodle is not available during the weekend both internally (via the intranet) or externally over the Internet.

I am not sure whether this time restriction has been setup within Moodle (I have searched everywhere including the Administration > Configuration > Calendar tab) or is and IIS 5 setting.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julian Griffiths

Re: Moodle Access Time Restrictions

by Oliver James -
If you are using LDAP as your authentication method then the chances are that your users in Active Directory are not allowed to login over the weekend.

We had the same problem here both with Moodle and the external Email (OWA) until we enabled all users to access their accounts all of the time.

Hope this helps.

Oliver.
In reply to Oliver James

by Julian Griffiths -

Oliver

Thanks for your response. We had the problem when we used both manual accounts and those linked LDAP. As IT Manager I don't have any time restrictions and am able to login to the servers remotely.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Regards

Julian

In reply to Julian Griffiths

by Tony Hursh -
I don't think there's anything like that in Moodle itself, but there is a Task Scheduler in Windows that might be capable of causing that behavior.

This may be a long shot, but when a colleague of mine had a similar problem he discovered that the building maintenance staff was turning off the power to that portion of the building over the weekend. surprise

It took a while for him to figure it out, since his server was configured to restart itself after a power failure.
In reply to Tony Hursh

by Julian Griffiths -

Tony

Thanks very much for your reply. I have checked the Task Schedular and there aren't any settings there at all.

Kind Regards

Julian