Exporting data from MediaWiki to Moodle

Exporting data from MediaWiki to Moodle

by Bartłomiej Polakowski -
Number of replies: 8
Hello,
I want to migrate from MediaWiki to Moodle. To do this I have to export data from MediaWIki and put it somehow in Moodle. Is there such possibility?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bartłomiej Polakowski

Re: Exporting data from MediaWiki to Moodle

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Rigth now there's no such thing.
DFwiki and n wiki implement a the basics of mediawiki markup language so if you copy and paste the content it may work.
However we have in sigth the need of importing mediawiki contents in our wishlist and we(dfwiki) will go for it in a near future.
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

I tried Special:Export function in MediaWiki to store conetent in XML and than use it as startup file in moodlewiki but the formatting of the text doesnt look great. Its almost acceptable but...smile I was thinking about migrating to other wiki which is compatibile with moodle.Do you know if there is such possibilty?

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Please atach this XMl from mediawiki maybe we can adapt it quickly.
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

I dont have access to my mediawiki now but it doesnt matter. I attached an xml imported from Wikipedia. It the same format style so if U will succesed with this one than it should work in every case.

I found another way to connect mediawiki wit moodle. I put in wiki in moodle a startup file with html code from my mediawiki site. When I click a hyperlink in moodle I move to the properiate site in my mediawiki. Its not a perfect solution but I really need to connect moodle with mediawiki a didnt find any alternative. Now I have to solve the problem how to return to mooodle after I click a hyperlink to mediawiki.

Unfortunetlly my latest idea doesnt work very good. Its not dynamic. When I click on a link in moodle and change sth in mediawiki I dont see the changes in moodle when I return. The problem is that it takes the content from HTML file which I uploaded in moodle so it doesnt know anything about changes. I have a question if there is a possibility of dynamic file upload in moodle or if somehow I can tell moodle to show me the actual content of my mediawiki?

In nWiki content from Mediawiki looks really ...really goodsmile But I have problems with tables and lists from Mediawiki. Are you working on his feature?

by Javi -

I also very much need a nice way to import a wiki (such as nwiki) into moodle quickly.

This feature alone would move my organization and probably many other towards moodle and away from legacy wiki sites.