"Selling" Moodle to the corporation

"Selling" Moodle to the corporation

by Peter Venn -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone.

This is a request to larger schools/universities or organisations that use Moodle to manage courses with large numbers of students.

I'm currently trying to "sell" the use of Moodle as a CMS/LMS to my company. Their reluntance was based around the "free-ness" of Moodle (what's the motivation/agenda for producing free software) but I've now overcome that.

Now, though, its a rather different issue. Though I've demonstrated that Moodle will do all my organisation needs at present, its still being compared to the expensive, though somewhat more flashy, commercial products. The fact is, these commercial products are accompanied by very good salespeople, adept at demoing the products and making them sound compelling. And I'm not a salesman!

So, I guess what I'm looking for is help, from those people who administer large numbers of students in multiple courses. Can you let me have some case study material that I can use to position Moodle up there with the commercial products (stuff like ease of use, administration time reduced, money saved, numbers of students etc, stuff that'll help bring Moodle to life for my management team). Any help you can give will be very much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Venn

Re: "Selling" Moodle to the corporation

by Ger Tielemans -

Show them the impressing list of countries where it is used.

Show them the language switch in Moodle: My audiances find the Arab switch always impressing, because the menu's are mirrored then also..

In reply to Peter Venn

by Dave Ray -

I am starting to help small businesss use Moodle to share information, etc.
For example enter username  new and password demo  with  this link  . As I get more
feedback this demo link will be geared to fit customer wishes. Hope it helps.

Dave

In reply to Peter Venn

by Miguel Reyes -

I don't know if it helps, but I have used moodle since version 1.0 or below (can't recall), in any case I am using it in a school with the population of 2500 students and soon to have 4500, 7000, students log on (using LDAP) to my windows server, all teachers use it, from music, to core class teacher even P.E teachers use it, its just matter how and where you may implement this program all I can tell you my district has purchase web base programs and paid MILLIONS and they don't do half what moodle can do, yes there are some features you find in these nice programs but why pay more for just that feature.

Miguel

PS: if you need access to my site let me know you can take a look at how it has been implemented at my location