Adding more items in Main Menu

Adding more items in Main Menu

by John Galang -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, I would like to know how to add more items in the Main Menu such as Retun to homepage, custact us etc.

Thanks,
John Galang

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Galang

Re: Adding more items in Main Menu

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
"Turn editing on", then "Add" a resource.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Abdul Rahman -

I think he means the Main cover page, not the course page.

I too have a need to link back to my home page, etc. Maybe even design a Registration page.

In reply to Abdul Rahman

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, it's the same method for the main home page or a course page. (See moodle.com for example).

Use the "Web link" resource type for a link to a web page.

by Abdul Rahman -
Agreed! But that link appears in a moodle frame. What if I want to open up a new window? Is that possible?

In reply to Abdul Rahman

by Martin Dougiamas -
"Web page" appears in a frame. "Web link" doesn't. (Try the context help button on the resource definition page - it explains all this. smile )

by Hans de Zwart -
In my Dutch strings I have added in brackets the "in Moodle" after Web page and "Opens new window" after Web link.

The Dutch equivalents ofcourse!

That is because I am never able to remember binary choices when the meaning/choice isn't obvious. Maybe an idea?