Sharing resources between courses?

Sharing resources between courses?

by Jorge Williams -
Number of replies: 5
Can one share resources between courses?

Is there an easy way of doing this? I'm teaching the same course with two different schedules (about 2weeks apart) I'm thinking of having Moodle handle two different courses. If I understand things correctly I would have to replicate assignments -- since these will have different due dates...but what about resources? I'd hate to replicate work (on my part) and space on my database.

Any suggestions? Is there an easy way of using MyAdmin to do this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jorge Williams

Re: Sharing resources between courses?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Future work will focus on better resource management. eg http://bugs.moodle.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=123

In the meantime you can copy files from one course to another at the operating system level (files are stored as normal files in your moodle data directory, not in the database).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jai cheswick -
I cant find a single place where i can say that this file belongs to
this particular course. they all go to misc which is the default
category that you cannot remove.

Jai
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jacob Romeyn -

It seems that the courses which are entered by using the :resources, downloaded files go to the moodledata directory. But I am not quit sure where the other files are which are entered with the richtext editor.  Are they in the database?

In reply to Jorge Williams

by Adam Cripps -
What would be good is for the creation of learning objects, which could then have access control placed upon them. This would allow teachers/learning facilitators to share resources more readibly between each other.