Angry teacher video

Angry teacher video

by Frances Bell -
Number of replies: 8

There is a lot in the UK press about teacher harassment thorugh Youtube but I have to say I found this clip very funny - came across it by accident on a blog.

In fact I am going to incorporate it in my introductory slide show for new classes .

See what you think

Of course I don't know the outcome - it may have been a set up or (I hope not) the student might have complained and got the teacher sacked.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frances Bell

Re: Angry teacher video

by Tim Allen -
Wow I wonder if he gave any warning...if that is in the US maybe that student might sue the teacher and make millions! big grin
In reply to Frances Bell

by Sean S -
I posted that on my blog a while ago. Thought it was interesting but most likely staged.
In reply to Sean S

by Josep M. Fontana -
If it was staged, the acting is pretty good, I think.
Many times I've felt like doing that in my classes. But then again, more than once my cell phone has rung inside my backpack because I forgot to switch it off smile Pretty embarrassing moments.

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Frances Bell -
When I talked to a colleague about this video yesterday, he pointed out how bad academics can be at switching off their phone (it happened to me too once in class). I think that the worst thing is for someone to answer the phone in a meeting or class. The other really irritating thing is when a student on in an exam has left their phone in an exam. There is that big pile of bags at the back of room and a phone is ringing......
In reply to Frances Bell

by Ger Tielemans -

One of my colleagues used a cell-phone distortion engine when he owned a bar in his former life. I realize that this is a bigger area.

In reply to Frances Bell

by Bill White -
I work in Japan.

I have had a lot of problems with cell phones in my class that I have a rule; If you answer your cell during class you are marked absent. If it goes off and is not on quiet mode you are warned first time and then the second time you are marked absent. All students must sign an agreement stating the fact. If the student refuses to sign she/he cannot take my class.

I have never had a school refuse to back me up on this.

Bill
In reply to Bill White

by Dr S Bhatia -
In India

Educational institutes do not allow students to bring mobiles with them. so if you have a mobile, it's illegal anyway. Most likely it'll be confiscated the moment someone discovers it.

Though it may not be adhered to in practice to the last word, but if something like this happens, you can't sue or complain coz you are in the wrong in the first place. Interestingly, the rules were brought in to prevent the parents/students lodging complaints for having their cell STOLEN and not for anything else. Most indian students are modest in these regards and teachers are not someone to palter with.
In reply to Frances Bell

by Paul Nijbakker -
Amusing video, as a teacher you can so identify with the professor in the video!

Still, apart from during exams, I do not require my students to turn off their mobile phones. I have two phones myself, since I am on constant standby. So long as the students excuse themselves and take it outside, I do not mind, but it is impolite to start yakking through a lecture. I don't think it helps to ban cell phones from the classroom. Times change and rather than banning the phone, I would teach the students to be sensible and socially aware in their phone habits. Most students nowadays turn their phones to silent when taking classes, so as not to disturb anyone.

Rgrds,
Paul.
Average of ratings: Very cool (1)