another level of access?

another level of access?

by Boyd Mitchell -
Number of replies: 4

I just had a request from one of our student support staff members to be added to moodle.  She is looking after two students in our school and requested to be added to moodle in order to check up on her students activity and progress.

There is no real good way of doing this in moodle currently.  But, I think it would be a nice addition.

Teacher access, Student access, and Student Support access.

Student support would have access to exactly what their students have access to and can see everything that their students are doing.

Just an idea.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Boyd Mitchell

Re: another level of access?

by Paul Duff -

Hi Boyd

We too would find a Student Support role useful, but there are many others we'd like to see as well.  Martin has spoken in the past about the notion of user defined roles - possibly for Moodle 2.0 I think.  We're certainly hoping that that becomes a reality.

Paul

by Bryan Williams -
Hmmm.  What would happen if Student Support person were given Teacher (non-editing) accounts, and assigned to the Group in which these students they oversee are in? This should accomplish your aims, if you are running Moodle 1.2. 
In reply to Bryan Williams

by Boyd Mitchell -

Hey, that's not a bad idea.  I'm gonna try making that work.

Thanks.. I never thought of that idea.

Tho, it still would be nice to see, in a later version of moodle, more flexibility with the types of accounts.

by Richard Watkins -

This feature sounds like it may provide us with something we'd like.

I've been asked if parents of my pupils can access their grades etc. and see what they've been doing at school.