The new embed audio

The new embed audio

by Thomas Bray -
Number of replies: 18
Hello:

How do I use the new 1.2 beta feature that embeds audio? Do I just use html embed tags that point to the file on a server location? Are the audio files qt or mp3? Sorry if I'm a bit confused... sad

TB
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Bray

Re: The new embed audio

by Dale Jones -
Hi Tom;
I embedded an mp3 file by simply adding it as a resource to a course.  It works just fine and dandy, and proves that those moodle developers can read my mind over the continents...I was just working out a simple way for our music staff to upload mp3 files that our pupils have recoreded.  This is the simplest method yet.

HTH
Dale Jones
In reply to Thomas Bray

by Peter Sereinigg -

Your questions i tried to answer for my own 15 min ago:

• mp3 and swf (flash) very easy, congratulations to Martin cool
    • You have to enable the mediaplugin in the admin/filter menue
    • You need a html link ()
    • You copy this link in a RTF textfield (Forum, ... what ever you like)
    • thats all, you get a link and 2 buttons ....
  • no wav oder midi possible (Martin please .....)Breites Grinsen
  • I had no sucess to link to a mp3 or swf in f.e. moodledata/11/...
    I tried this with ressource....
    (The only way to prevent forreigners to link to my files)

Peter

In reply to Peter Sereinigg

by Jacob Romeyn -
Using it with an uploaded file works fine for me , but I do not get that "Nice small Icon"big grin 
But instead a large "Icon, display" right accross the pagesad.  I wonder if there is any way to change this?
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Are you shure you work with the latest Moodle version Jacob? The change from a big player to a small player is moved in  only a week ago
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by Herbert Keijers -
Jacob,
The "Nice small Icon" you get in forums like (Inserted web link)
You can also use it in wikki text format.

The "big one" is presented as a resorce upload.

Hope I'm correct and this is what you meant ?
In reply to Herbert Keijers

by Jacob Romeyn -
Thank you Herbert, Koen that makes one part clearbig grin

Using it as a link works fine. (I am using the Beta version.)

How do I use it in wikki format? .approve The security of just using a link to a web page, specialy in tests is not very good. sad   An uploaded link would be better.

In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Never used the wiki-format.

About the uploaded link: I haven't found an elegant way to create such a link. When I rightmouseclick on the file in the moodle-filebrowser and ask for the properties, I can copy/paste the path, but that can hardly be the most efficient way...

In reply to koen roggemans

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
With the new editor it's really easy ... when you click the button to injsert a link you can browse all your uploaded files (teachers only at the moment).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Tim Allen -

Umm, something is wrong.  mixed  I can't find this browse feature in the beta 1.2 or in Janne's  RTE test site.

The insert image is working fine, but when I click "insert web link", all I get it is as in the attached image.

I feel I must have missed something obvious or misunderstood something basic... shy

Please help, TIA, Tim.  smile                   

Attachment SP32-20040227-001931.gif
In reply to Tim Allen

by koen roggemans -
Hmm, strange. Works for me (on testserver with latest CVS). Here on Moodle.org it doesn't work either (but it gives another screen than the one you show). You should get something like this:
Attachment Image1.jpg

by Tim Allen -

Thanks for your feedback Koen. smile  Maybe the problem lies at my end, because it doesn't work for me on this site either.  I get the same screen as I showed in my previous post.  I am using Windows XP and IE6.

Can anyone else shed any more light on this?

Tim.

by thierry reygnier -
Hello,

I have the same trouble than timothy.

If i try to insert a link in my site settings box, i obtain the good popup windows (image 1) but if i try to insert a link in a forum for example, i obtain a small popup windows without any way to browse the files on the site (image 2).

Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Attachment image1.jpg
In reply to thierry reygnier

Re: The new embed audio found problem !

by thierry reygnier -
Hello,

I found the problem that make the add link popup windows doesn't display correctly (i'm sorry for my english...sad )

In fact, if i empty my cache on IE or Mozzila, all is working good...

Bye.

In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by Herbert Keijers -
Hi Jacob and Koen,
How do I use it in wikki format ?
I made an example in section 1 in the teachers Playground.
Look for Testing mp3 in wikki format.

I agree with Koen, had to do it by copy and paste, not so elegant ...

by Jacob Romeyn -
Where is "section 1  in the teachers playground?blush
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by Herbert Keijers -

It is found here : http://moodle.org/course/category.php?id=2

Look for the topic outline section 1

by laurie fooks -

When I add an mp3 embedded in a resource or as a resource on its own, I lose part of the the file - it is truncated to 76Kb. My original file was encoded from wav using LAME and is 106 Kb. ? Am I doing something wrong?

In reply to Thomas Bray

Be sure to enable the media filter to play embedded mp3s

by Paul Norrod -
If you are trying to use the embedded audio in 1.2 beta, don't be dumb like me and spend an hour trying to figure out why web links to mp3 files would not show the little black play/pause icons:  You have to be sure to enable the multimedia plugins filter in the Admin => Filters area.  The same also holds true for the TeX features and the censorship features.  Duh....... black eye