urgent - TOTALLY LOCKED OUT OF MY SITE SUDDENLY

Re: urgent - TOTALLY LOCKED OUT OF MY SITE SUDDENLY

by John Hobson -
Number of replies: 0
Well I'm with Dom here - I understand totally his frustration and think it's reasonable that those of us with a minimal techy background should aspire to Moodle. We know its not Excel or Word, but sometimes things are a breeze and sometimes things are royal PITA. Most often it's not Moodle per se but some config on the host changing. A couple of years back my sites went splat because my host "upgraded" PHP to a version that wouldn't work with Moodle with no warning. Today my students couldn't log in becasue of the session issue above

Cue much online chat with my hosting co. No resolution so I've been scouring this forum. I also had another issue which meant a futher chat. Then when I mentioned to this second operative that I had a problem storing session cookies he sorted it in 5 seconds by chnaging this line in php.ini

;session.save_path = /tmp

to
session.save_path = /tmp

Now he wasn't able to explain why this file has suddenly acquired a comment in that line and I sure as Heck never put it there, so I think someone at the hosting company had been making some changes last week without telling me.

Anyway - I just thought I'd tell you how the problem got resolved here.

Best wishes

John