Course List

Course List

by A. H. -
Number of replies: 5
Previously in 1.5.3 I was able upon login as an admin to view the course categories and as a student/teacher to see the courses I am registered in.

Now in 1.6.2, if I want to reach above mentioned goal, I have to redirect to /my. BUT i dont want them to be able to edit their "MyMoodle".

How can I reach below:
Students/teachers see the courses they are registered in when they login
AND
if they have no courses registered in, they see the list of categories
AND
I as admin see the list of categories
AND
Not allow redirection to /my

I know how to reach each seperatly but not all these 4 requirements at the same time.

Thnx for the help
amer
Average of ratings: -
In reply to A. H.

Re: Course List

by Mark Berthelemy -
Hi Amer,

That's exactly the setup I've got at www.nationalstrategiescpd.org.uk - I'm just trying to remember how I did it now.

I've not done anything clever. Working backwards up your list:

You can switch off My Moodle on the Configuration > Variables page - it's under the miscellaneous section.

If you use the "Courses" block on the home page it displays a list of categories to Admin.

Again, the Courses block shows a list of categories to people who haven't enrolled in any courses.

Also the Courses block shows a list of courses to people who have enrolled in courses.

Does that help?

Cheers,

Mark
In reply to Mark Berthelemy

by A. H. -
Front page format:
News items
Hide First Second Third Fourth
List of courses
List of categories
Combo list

Front page format when logged in:
News items
List of courses
List of categories
Combo list

Why is the List of Courses under Front page format disabled??? Is it becuase we have more than 250 courses?
Previously as admin, i was able to see all the courses when i login coz i had this option "List of courses" set to "First".But not its set to Hide and disabled!How?

amer
In reply to A. H.

by Matt Campbell -
Look at /course/lib.php, about line 29 or so. FRONTPAGECOURSELIMIT is set to 200 by default, change this to something higher and you'll see 'List of Courses' again. Petr Škoda just showed this to me a few days ago when I was trying to figure it out for 1.7.

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to A. H.

by Victor Santos -
When I choose List of categories on preferences, on the frontpage it shows up like Course Categories , is it possible to change that name for other? or change the color , font etc... ?

ty.