stylesheet and WYSIWYG editor problems

stylesheet and WYSIWYG editor problems

by Eric Bishop -
Number of replies: 5

Two Problems:

1. With our moodle install, the stylesheets do not load in firefox (giving us a very basic html looking site), but they do load in IE.  We tried changing the theme and the problem still persists.

2. The WYSIWYG editor does not show up for any of the pages it should exist on. The box below it does to type in content , but the WYSIWYG editor (like in the one in this forum post area) does not show up. It does not how up in Firefox or IE.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Bishop

Re: stylesheet and WYSIWYG editor problems

by Don Sloss -
I had a problem sort of like that when I installed for the first time. My site kind of looked like the CSS wasn't working but the problem was that GD was not recognised by my PHP version. After correcting that it worked well. Hope this may help!
In reply to Eric Bishop

by Jan Dierckx -

We have exactly the same problem with our site. No solution thus far. sad

In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Eric Bishop -

Anyone else have any suggestions or insights. The problem we are having is persistent, it doesn't just come and go.

Eric

In reply to Eric Bishop

SOLVED: Re: stylesheet and WYSIWYG editor problems

by Eric Bishop -

I found the fix for the html editor not showing up. In your base moodle directory, go into config.php, after the ending php tag show as a:

?> 

You will notice that there are 2 blank lines at the end of the document, delete those and save/upload and the problem is fixed. If it does not fix, you may want to try clearing your browsers cache. This worked for version 1.6. HTML editor shows up in Firefox and IE.

If you are having this problem and and you attempt this fix and it works, please post acknowledgement of it working for you here. I am hoping that it just doesn't fix my situation but others as well.

In reply to Eric Bishop

Re: stylesheet and WYSIWYG editor problems: no solution for our school...

by Jan Dierckx -
Sorry, I do not have any blank lines in config.php. Problem remains. I've replaced the htmlarea editor with tinymce and I have put all the styles in one big hardcoded css file. This works. Still remains a temporary fix. Hope someone finds what is at the root of this.

Glad this solved it for you.