Quiz feedback links

Quiz feedback links

by Sam Wynens -
Number of replies: 6
How can I make the feedback on a question HTML? I'd like to have it as a clickable link that will take the student to a particular page.

Sam
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Wynens

Re: Quiz feedback links

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Sorry, I don't understand your question.thoughtful Could you try to be more specific?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sam Wynens -
Nevermind. I figured it out.

What I was getting at is this.

On the quiz module, you can put feedback on questions that allow it, and you can set when the feedback shows up. I have mine set so that after the student has submitted the quiz, it shows the questions again and wether they were right or wrong. If they were wrong, the feedback displays next to the answer they chose.

I was asking as to how to make that feedback an actual hyperlink, so that when the student clicks on it, it takes them to the page that contains the answer(s) so they may study it more.

Here is what I did to accomplish it:

In the feedback box, just type out an html style hyperlink...

<a href="http://some.domain.com/moodle/mod/lesson/view.php?id=267&pageid=53>Some text</a>

Sam
In reply to Sam Wynens

by Geof Duncan -
Can do the same thing if you're using a GIFT import file too... was just about to chime in to say the same thing. Apparently those HTML skills were not a bad thing to learn... big grin

-Geof
In reply to Sam Wynens

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can just type HTML code into the feedback box.

Alternatively, look near the bottom of the appropriate question/type/xxx/editquestion.html file, where it calls the html editor intitialisation function with an argument like 'questiontext', and remove that argument, and suddently you will have HTML editors everywhere.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by N Hansen -
Tim, when you say remove the argument, can you give an example of what you are talking about?
In reply to N Hansen

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
My previous message was a bit vague becuase I was typing it after getting back from the pub, and without the source code in front of me.

Now I have checked the code, and actually, you need to edit question/question.php. Near the end, change
    if ($usehtmleditor) {
        use_html_editor('questiontext');
    }
to
    if ($usehtmleditor) {
        use_html_editor();
    }